There are thousands of ebooks available for downloads on Kindle ebook reading device. You can save and store books from the different genres as well as personal documents on your Kindle Library, so anytime you need to sit down and read, you have a lot of choices.
Your Kindle Library lets you organize all your ebooks in one place. You can create new folders to merge all documents that have the same category or theme. It will help you look for books faster and easier.
However, time goes by, and you have hundreds of ebooks already saved in your Kindle Library. While it looks promising, it can take some time for you to scroll through all your books before you can reach the one you want to read.
In some cases, there are contents in your Kindle that you don’t want to read anymore. If this happens, you can delete a few books and documents on Kindle e-reader to add or regain more storage space to give room for other content.
DON’T MISS: Latest Kindle Book Deals on Amazon Right Now!
How to Clean Out & Delete eBooks & Docs Directly from a Kindle Device
There are two options to remove an ebook from your Kindle Library. One is to use the “Remove Download” button. It will only delete the downloaded book or document from your Kindle device or mobile app library, but it will remain in your Amazon account. The good thing is that you will still see the book cover to remind you of it. If you want to read it on your Kindle, just tap on it on your device and it will be downloaded back.
The second option is to “Permanently Delete” the titles. This option will completely remove the downloaded ebook or document from your account and effectively remove it from your device. If you change your mind and want to save the ebook on your Kindle Library, you will need to purchase it again. For your personal document, you will need to re-upload it to your Amazon account.
Here’s how to remove or permanently delete ebooks and documents in Kindle app or device:
- Turn on your Kindle device.
- From the Home screen, tap the Your Library section on the top of the screen.
- Look for the ebook that you want to remove.
- On the book cover, tap the three-dotted icon found at the bottom right.
- Now, choose whether you want to Remove Download or Permanently Delete the ebook or document.
- A confirmation message will appear next.
- Tap Delete.
How to Remove Kindle eBooks & Documents on Amazon Content Library Online
If you decide to delete an ebook through your online account on the Amazon website, follow the steps below.
- Go to Amazon.com.
- Login to the account you used on your Kindle device.
- On the upper right corner, click Account & Lists.
- Select Manage Your Content and Devices.
- On the Show section, click the drop-down menu and select Books.
- Look for the title of the ebook you want to remove.
- Click the three-dotted icon beside the book.
- Now, click Delete.
- Click Yes, Delete Permanently to confirm.
Before you decide to delete a book or document from your Kindle Library, make sure to know what you want from it. Will you be reading it in the future, or will you want it removed forever from your Amazon account?
Have you ever permanently deleted a book on Kindle? Do write down your thoughts below!