Using Microsoft Excel allows us to organize our data more efficiently. With Google Sheets, you can immediately save the file on the cloud and access it at any time on any device.
However, some users encounter the “An Array Value Could not be Found” error message when they try to edit the cells on a Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets spreadsheet. If you experience the same issue, there are several ways on how you can fix it.
How to Fix ‘An Array Value Could Not Be Found’ Error in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
An array consists of several rows and columns with values. You can group your cells using arrays. To solve the issue with the array value on Windows 10 or Mac computer or any browser, you can use any of the formulas stated below.
Method#1 – Add the ARRAYFORMULA Word to Your Substitute Formula
To do this method, you will need to add ARRAYFORMULA at the beginning of your Substitute Formula.
- On your Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets, look for the cell with the substitute formula.
- Click on it and go to the Formula bar.
- After the Equal Sign, add the word, ARRAYFORMULA. For instance, =ARRAYFORMULA(SUBSTITUTE(A1:A2, “N”, “No”))
Method #2 – Use the REGEXMATCH Formula
Another method you can use on your Microsoft Office Excel or Google Sheets is the REGEXMATCH formula.
- Look for the cell that you want to edit and highlight it.
- Go to the Formula bar.
- Enter the following: =if(REGEXMATCH(E2,”^Yes|yes|Y|y”)=true,”Yes”)
Method #3 – Make Use of REGEXREPLACE
If you don’t want to use REGEXMATCH, you can also use REGEXREPLACE. The method is the same.
- First, highlight the cell that you want to change.
- On the Formula bar, type the following: =ArrayFormula(regexreplace(” “&B2:B4&” “,” Yes | Y | Y “,” Yes”))
Method #4 – Combine ARRAYFORMULA and REGEXMATCH
There is another formula that uses both ARRAYFORMULA and REGEXMATCH.
- Click the cell that you want to edit.
- On the Formula bar, enter the following: =ArrayFormula(if(REGEXMATCH(E2:E50,”^Yes|yes|Y|y”)=true,”Yes”))
Note that you can always edit the formula based on your preferences.
Which of the methods above work for you best? You can let us know by writing us a comment down below.