Streaming on Netflix will give you access to hundreds of movies, series, and shows. You can binge-watch different new series or catch up with new original shows. Still, no matter how reliable the Netflix service is, there might be times when you encounter an error.
When streaming Netflix on Windows 10 computers, you may come across the error code U7361-1254-C00D5212. It means that there is an issue with your audio settings that needs updating. There is a way to fix the error code U7361-1254-C00D5212 on your Windows PC. All you need to do is to modify your registry.
Fix Error Code U7361-1254-C00D5212 on Netflix for Windows 10 Computer
If you plan to fix the error code U7361-1254-C00D5212 on your Windows 10 computer and modify your registry, there are some things you need to consider. The process may be too technical and you may need prior troubleshooting knowledge to do it. Ideally, it is recommended for advanced computer users. You may also consult a computer technician to troubleshoot the error for you if you think you will do more harm to the existing issue.
However, if you think that you can do it and do not need any assistance, you can follow the steps below. Take note that in modifying your registry, you will need to perform a backup first so that in case of problems along the way, you have a backup to restore. Also, it is important to note that there may be serious issues if you do the procedure incorrectly.
How to Backup Your Windows 10 Registry
The first thing you need to do is perform a backup by exporting your Windows 10 Registry settings.
- Launch the Run Dialog Box by pressing the Windows Key + R.
- Type regedit. Press Enter.
- On the top left corner, click File.
- Go to Export.
- A new window will appear. Under the filename, type a name for your backup. You may write backup and the date now or any filename you can remember.
- At the bottom corner, if you see the Export Range option, you can choose to backup All of your Windows Registry or choose the Selected Branch.
- At the top of the screen, take note of the location where you are saving your registry files. You may also choose any location on your computer.
- Click Save.
Fix the Netflix Error Code U7361-1254-C00D5212 using the Registry Editor
Now that you have performed the backup on your registry, follow the troubleshooting steps below.
- Launch the Run Dialog Box or the search box.
- Type regedit and hit Enter.
- Look for the folder: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio.
- On the right side, locate the DisableProtectedAudioDG. Right-click on the value.
- Click Delete.
- Exit the Registry Editor.
- Go back to the search box.
- Type cmd.
- Select Command Prompt and Run as Administrator.
- Type Net stop audiosrv. Press Enter.
- Type Net start audiosrv. Press Enter.
- Exit the Command Prompt.
- Now, you can retry Netflix and check if the problem still exists.
Was the article helpful? Let us know in the comments below.