HBO Max has gained a lot of attention lately from users, mainly due to the vast variety of content it has to offer. Movies and TV shows from HBO and Warner Brothers await HBO Max subscribers.
Thousands of hours worth of binge-worthy content include TV shows like Friends, The Big Band Theory, Game Of Thrones, and new series from HBO Max Originals.
If you have already subscribed to HBO Max, at some point, you might need to change or update the details of your payment method. Probably, you got a shiny new credit card, or the old one you used is expiring. Some users also change their payment details if they see some good deals that some credit card companies have struck with HBO Max. It wouldn’t hurt to earn rewards and get cashback while binge-watching your favorite shows on HBO Max.
Whatever the case may be, HBO Max allows users to change their billing details easily. The process varies a bit, depending on how you signed up for your account. We will give you the details below.
How to Change your Payment Method on HBO Max
Here’s how you can change your payment method using the HBO Max website on your computer or the dedicated apps on iOS and Android. The process is pretty much similar to whether you do the update using the website or the app.
- Log in to your HBO Max account.
- Tap or click the “Profile” icon.
- On the website, click “Billing Information.”
- On the app, tap the Settings icon in the upper-left corner, and then tap “Billing Information.”
In order to proceed, you will be given different options depending on how you subscribed to HBO Max. Users have the option to subscribe directly to HBO Max or use third-party providers line AT&T, Google Play, Samsung, Youtube TV, Apple, Hulu, and a whole lot more.
HBO Max Subscriptions Directly Billed Through WarnerMedia
If you are subscribed to HBO Max directly using WarnerMedia, you will see a link that says “Manage Subscription“. Follow these steps to proceed:
- Tap or click the “Manage Subscription” button.
- Click on the “Edit Payment Method” option.
- You can then, enter your new credit card information and hit “Save Changes”.
HBO Max Subscriptions Through Third-Party Providers
If you used a third-party provider to subscribe to HBO Max, you will see a “Learn More” button on the billing information page. You can proceed as follows:
- Tap or click “Learn More” button to go to the third-party service website or app.
- Log in to your account.
- Look for the billing information page on the particular service you are using.
- Now you can change or update your credit card payment details.
Please note that the exact process varies from service to service. If you are lost, you can search for more details about updating your billing information on that particular service.
It’s that easy! Now you can go on binging on your favorite HBO Max shows. If this article has helped you change your payment method, drop us a comment below.