Even with TikTok and Snapchat dominating the social media scene, Instagram continues to enjoy immense popularity to this day. But of course, the service is far from perfect, with many users complaining about issues with Instagram not loading or not working when using mobile data.
If you’re having the same concern, here are some steps you can take to fix this Instagram error:
Solutions to Troubleshoot Instagram Not Loading on Mobile Data Issue
Check Current Mobile Data Usage on your Device
You can often switch to another plan without a usage limit or just add more data. You can try to open Instagram again and check if the issue is gone afterward.
You can also proceed to the Quick Access menu to turn off your mobile data and turn it on again to refresh your network and ensure the stability of your internet connection.
Clear Instagram App Cache
Another easy way to ensure that your Instagram app works and loads on mobile data is to clear its cache.
- To do this on your Android device, all you have to do is open the Settings menu.
- Click Apps and choose All Apps.
- Choose Instagram and select Storage.
- Choose Clear Cache. A prompt will appear.
- Confirm the action and open the app again to see if it now works or loads on mobile data.
For iOS users, you can reinstall or offload the app to clear the Instagram cache.
- Simply open the Settings menu.
- Click iPhone Storage.
- Choose Instagram.
- Select Offload App and load Instagram again to see if the problem is fixed.
Disable Data Saver Mode on your Device
The data saver mode on Instagram helps you monitor and reduce your mobile data consumption. However, enabling this feature often affects your Instagram experience, which includes the slow loading of videos and photos. Follow the steps below to disable the data saver mode:
- Open the Instagram app.
- Choose your account in the lower right corner.
- Click the hamburger menu in the upper right corner.
- Open Settings.
- Choose ‘Account.’
- A new menu will appear and select ‘Data Usage’ from there.
- Turn off the toggle beside the option for ‘Use less mobile data.’
Enable Background App Refresh
Instagram requires permission for fetching updates in the background. But the app might not function properly on mobile data if you disable the permission for Background Refresh.
- If you’re on Android, you can do so by holding the Instagram icon.
- Click the ‘i’ icon. This will launch the menu for App info.
- Choose the option for ‘Mobile data & Wi-Fi.’
- Turn on the toggle for ‘Background data.’
- For iPhone users, you just need to open the Settings menu and look for Instagram.
- Turn the toggle on for the option ‘Background App Refresh.’
Instagram doesn’t have any signs of getting less popular any time soon. If your app doesn’t load or work on your mobile data, the fixes above can put you back in the ‘Gram game all over again.