The Pinterest experience is like no other popular website on the internet. This image sharing app has some amazing social and organizational features that make it stand out in a sea of similar social media sites.
If you’re a Pinterest user currently facing problems with the service, you’re not alone. The “Something Went Wrong” error message tends to appear for a wide range of reasons, so there isn’t a particular way to tell when it’s coming.
Top Solutions to Resolve “Something Went Wrong” Pinterest Error
Fixing this Pinterest error requires a fair dose of troubleshooting and basic checks to ensure that the app, your network and your settings are working as intended. If everything is in check, you should be able to resolve the problem with Pinterest successfully.
Check your Network Connection
If the app isn’t loading or working properly, you should try checking if your connection is stable. The Pinterest app on Android or iOS is usually dependent on an internet connection, especially if you’re viewing pins that weren’t saved in a cache before.
- Go to the Speedtest.net website.
- Click or tap on the giant GO button in the middle of the window.
- Wait for it to run a download and upload speed test successfully.
- Look at the results carefully.
- If the results are in Kbps, your internet is probably not good enough to load Pinterest.
Switch to a Different Network Connection
If you’re currently using WiFi, try using your Mobile data on Pinterest. This can help with the error as your WiFi might be experiencing a downtime. On the other hand, it’s also perfectly fine to try this vice versa. If you’re trying to load Pinterest and this error appears, you should connect to a WiFi service and see if it can work successfully.
Clear the Cache and Data of your Pinterest App
It’s possible that the occurrence of this error may be tied to a full cache or an error in the temporary files stored with the Pinterest app.
- Open your device’s Settings.
- Go to Apps.
- Select Pinterest from the list.
- Tap Storage.
- Select Clear cache.
- See if the error persists.
- If it isn’t fixed, follow steps 1-4 and Clear data.
- Log in to your Pinterest account and see if the error persists.
Uninstall and Re-Install the Pinterest App
If you’re constantly getting the error even after multiple attempts to make it work, it won’t hurt to uninstall it.
- Go to your app drawer.
- Hold the Pinterest app.
- Tap on Uninstall.
- Open your App Store and search for Pinterest.
- Tap Install.
- Once installed, open the app, enter your login details.
- See if the error is still present.
Restart your Smartphone or PC Device
If you’re on a PC, a simple restart or new browser should be fine. On a Smartphone, it’s best to go through the proper restart process. Once everything is back up and running, open Pinterest to see if the error is still there.
With this guide, you should have the right fix for the error in no time. Be sure to carefully follow every step provided. Write us a comment below on how you fixed it!