When it comes to online games, Roblox is a household name. Many users enjoy playing Roblox not only because of its cool name but also because of its chat platform. Computer and mobile players can engage with other users as they create worlds and join various games. They can show and make virtual friends and establish a wider online community.
It is easy to talk and chat with other players on Roblox. All you have to do is press the / key to enable and launch the chat box window or click the chat icon at the top left corner of the screen. Unfortunately, there have been reports of Roblox chat not working, loading, or not showing up glitch that prevent them from using the social tool on Windows 10 or 11 PC.
How to Fix Roblox Chat Not Working/Loading or Not Showing up Glitch on Windows 10/11 Computer
One of the reasons why you experience an issue with your Roblox chat and can’t type is the settings of your computer keyboard. However, there are also other factors contributing to the error on the PC game chat box feature.
How do you get your chat tool back on Roblox? You can try to resolve and fix the problem if you can’t chat on Roblox by following some of the effective troubleshooting solutions and workarounds we have listed below.
Solution #1 – Do a Power Cycle on your Devices
- Exit Roblox and other running apps in the background.
- Shut down your Windows PC.
- Unplug your router and modem for at least 3 minutes.
- Plug your devices back in and power on your Windows PC.
- Relaunch Roblox.
Solution #2 – Change the Windows Display Language
- Launch the Settings menu of your Windows PC.
- Navigate to Time & Language.
- Select Language or Language & Region.
- Head over to the Preferred Language section.
- Click Add a Language.
- Look for English (United States).
- Click the Install button if you need to install the language.
- Restart your computer.
Solution #3 – Check your Age in Roblox
- On your Roblox app, go to the Settings menu.
- Select Settings.
- Navigate to the Account info.
- If your age is under 13, you cannot access the Roblox chat.
Solution #4 – Edit the Privacy Settings
- Open your Roblox app and sign in to your account.
- On the upper right corner, click the Settings icon.
- Choose Settings.
- Select Privacy.
- Look for the Account Restrictions are Disabled option and turn it off.
- Go to the Communication section.
- Choose Custom.
- Head over to the Who can message me option.
- Choose Everyone or Friends.
- Go to Who can chat with me in-app.
- Select Friends.
- Set to Everyone under the Who can chat with me option.
Solution #5 – Allow Roblox in Windows Firewall
- Launch Windows Security on your PC. You can use the Search box to look for it.
- Select Firewall & Network Protection.
- Go to Allow an App Through Firewall.
- Choose Roblox.
- Click Change Settings.
- Check the boxes next to Private and Public.
- Click OK.
Solution #6 – Reinstall the Roblox App
- Launch the Settings of your Windows PC.
- Navigate to Apps.
- Head over to Apps & Feature.
- Look for Roblox.
- Click the three-lined icon next to it.
- Select Uninstall.
- Open Microsoft Store.
- Search for Roblox.
- Click Get and install the app.
Which of the methods above fixed the Roblox chat error on PC? We love to hear from you, so please drop us a comment below.