A lot of people made Spotify as their go-to and staple music streaming app in all of their devices. With access to thousands of songs and playlists, you can listen to your favorite songs and artists anytime. Many discovery of songs are made on Spotify and even those who stick to their strict genre are experimenting. It is easy to find new songs with only a few taps on the screen
Now, if want to listen to any song on your playlist, you can do so thanks to Spotify Shuffle. You may even listen to an old song you have forgotten for years. Unfortunately, many users complained that the shuffle repeats and plays the same songs most of the time. Instead of shuffling all the songs in your playlist, only a few selected songs are repeated.
Some solutions can help you fix the problem on your Spotify. Read below to find out how.
Fix Spotify Shuffle Repeating Same Songs Too Often
Solution #1 – Sign out and Sign in to your Account Again
- First, you need to log out of your account. Go to Your Library.
- At the top right corner, select Settings.
- Tap the Log Out button.
- Close the Spotify app.
- Relaunch the app and log in to your account.
Solution #2 – Avoid Hitting the Like Button
If you keep hitting the Like button (the green heart button), Spotify’s algorithms will take it as your preferred taste in music and will only play songs related to it. You can still build your playlist without hitting the Like or Heart button, so the app will play all the songs.
Solution #3 – Sort Your Spotify Playlist
How you compiled and sort your playlist can affect what Spotify is playing for you. You may need to sort your playlist so that the app can play all the songs, especially the newly added ones.
- Go to the playlist that you want to sort.
- Tap the three-dotted button to open a menu and select Sort playlist.
- Now, you can sort it based on the Title, Artist, Album, Recently Added or Custom.
Solution #4 – Update the Spotify App
- Maybe your Spotify app does not have the latest available version. To update your Spotify app, go to the App Store on iOS or the Google Play Store on Android.
- For the App Store, tap Updates and look for Spotify.
- For the Google Play Store, go to My apps & games and look for Spotify.
- Tap Update, if there is an available update that you can download.
Solution #5 – Turn on Repeat
- First, tap the Shuffle Play button.
- Now, look for the 2 arrows or the Repeat button and tap it. Take note that there is another button with 2 arrows but with a number one. This button will only repeat the same songs. Look for the 2 arrows only in a circle.
Which of the solutions above worked for you? Tell us in the comments below.