When it comes to SIM card technology, the biggest advancement in recent years is the eSIM. An eSIM, or embedded SIM, is a digital SIM card that is embedded within a device, such as a smartphone, tablet or smartwatch, rather than being a physical, removable card.
It is a small chip that is soldered directly onto the device’s motherboard, and can be programmed with multiple mobile network operator profiles.
For eSIMs, it can often be difficult to transfer them without issue, especially considering that it’s new technology and not as simple as it could be yet. So, if you’ve been having issues transferring your T-Mobile eSIM, what can you do?
How to Troubleshoot Issue & Fix T-Mobile eSIM Transfer Not Supported Error on iPhone or Apple iOS Device
Generally, fixing this issue isn’t all too difficult, it’s just a matter of going through some basic fixes to see if anything works. Thankfully, we’re here to help you with this.
We’ve compiled several guides below, condensing all the things you need to know into simple, easy to read tutorials. Just follow our guides, and you should be good to go in fixing the ‘transfer not supported’ issue when transferring T-Mobile eSIM from an iPhone to another iPhone device.
Update iOS On your Apple Device to Latest Version
- It’s not uncommon for AppleID and iCloud to become buggy on older versions of iOS.
- To update iOS, go to the Settings menu.
- Select the General option.
- Click on Software Update.
- If there’s an iOS update available, download and install it.
- Check to see if iCloud and AppleID are back in working condition.
Reset Your iPhone’s Network Settings
- You’ll want to wipe your saved connectivity settings and see if that works for you.
- Go to your iPhone’s Settings.
- Click on General.
- Select the option that says Reset.
- Press the button that says Reset Network Settings.
- Now, all your connectivity options should be wiped.
- Attempt to transfer your T-Mobile eSIM again.
Remove and Read your T-Mobile eSIM
- Go to your Settings menu.
- Click on the Cellular section.
- Add a cellular plan.
- Follow the instructions shown to add your T-Mobile eSIM.
- See if it works properly.
Now, as long as you’ve been following the instructions given, you should find things working again. If they’re still not working, it’s probably an issue on the end of T-Mobile, in which case you’ll need to contact T-Mobile support for further instructions.
Still, we hope we managed to help you solve your problem, and for more fixes and guides just like this, stay tuned!