Wyze cameras are nifty little devices that are becoming more and more popular these days. They’re incredibly handy, fairly affordable and easy-to-use, the perfect combination for a set of home security cameras. As time goes on, they’ve become even more useful, finding uses in live streaming, motion detection and can even be remotely controlled via the cloud.
Of course, even though they’re technically excellent products, they do have some issues especially when adding new devices to their account. Some of the more prominent ones are error codes -1011 and -1001, both of which come up when your Wyze camera can’t update information on devices properly. It can seemingly come out of nowhere for no apparent reason at all, so what can you do when you encounter it?
How Fix Wyze Camera App Failed to Update Device List Issue with Error Code -1011 or -1001
Wyze cameras are thankfully pretty simple to troubleshoot, usually falling back on the same simple fixes. To make things easier for you, we’ve compiled most of these fixes down below, in easy to follow guides. As long as you follow the steps listed below and handle things with care, your Wyze cameras should be working again in no time!
Power Cycle the Wyze Camera
- Power Cycling your Wyze camera resets its settings, fixing any errors that come up alongside it.
- First, unplug the camera from its power source.
- Wait for a few seconds before plugging it back in.
- This will reboot the camera and can help resolve any connection issues.
- Wait until the camera is finished rebooting.
- Open the Wyze app.
- Test the camera in the app to see if the issue persists.
Update the Wyze App
- Updating the Wyze app itself can often help fix this issue.
- Search for Wyze in your smartphone app store.
- Check to see if there are any updates available.
- If there’s an update available, install it.
- Wait for the update to finish installing
- Relaunch Wyze and test your cameras out.
Delete the Wyze App Cache on Android Device
- Sometimes the issue can lie with your Wyze app as opposed to the camera itself.
- Tp clear the Wyze app cache, go to the Settings menu on your Android mobile phone.
- Navigate to the Apps section of your settings.
- In the list of installed apps, search for the Wyze app.
- Select the Wyze app to bring up more options.
- Click on Storage.
- Select Clear Cache.
- Relaunch the Wyze app, log-in and attempt to use your cameras as usual.
Reinstall the Wyze App on your Mobile Phone
- If all else fails, you can try reinstalling the Wyze app.
- Go to your smartphone’s app store.
- Find the Wyze app.
- Uninstall the Wyze app.
- Once it’s done uninstalling, reinstall it again.
- Wait for it to finish installing.
- Once it’s done, open the Wyze app.
- Sign-in as usual.
- Test out if your cameras are working again.
With that, we’ve reached the end of our guide! We hope we managed to help you fix your problem, and that your Wyze cameras are back in working condition again for whatever purposes you need them for. For more helpful tips and fixes just like this, stay tuned!