They say a picture speaks a thousand words. It is true that sometimes having an image can better explain what you want to say. But, when it comes to Google Sheets, it may sound impossible considering that the spreadsheet document has small cells.
Fortunately, there is a way for you to add an image to your Google Sheets cell. You can easily adjust the size to fit the picture that you want to include in your spreadsheet file. It works best in presenting a graph, chart, or multiple other visual aids that will help elaborate your data presentation.
How to Insert Photos & Add Images Inside Google Sheets Cells
When adding an image inside your Google Sheets, you have the option to move or resize it. You can even insert a photo that will resize immediately to fit into the cell location. But, if you want it to retain its original size, there is also an option for how you can do it.
- Open the Google Sheets spreadsheet file where you want to insert an image.
- Select the worksheet cell location of the photo.
- Go to the Menu bar and click the Insert option.
- Select Image.
- Click Image in the cell. If you want to add the photo on top of two or more cells, click Image over cells. Make sure to highlight first all the cells where you want to insert the picture.
- A new window will appear. Select the photo that you want to insert.
- Click the Insert button.
Moving an Existing Image or Picture into a Google Sheets Spreadsheet Cell
- Highlight the cell location of the picture in your spreadsheet document.
- Select the photo you want to move.
- Click the three-dotted icon next to it.
- Select Put image in selected cell.
That’s it! You can insert and embed any image from your computer, mobile device, online cloud storage like Google Drive, or any website. In what situation do you usually prefer to add a picture when editing your Google Sheets worksheets? We would love to hear your story. You can tell us in the comment section below.