If you want to know how to make a voice or video call using Amazon Alexa, continue reading below to find out how. Apart from giving you convenience in the things you do at home, you can ask Alexa to initiate a video or voice call for you.
What is Amazon Alexa Voice and Video Call?
This is a free feature that you can now enjoy using your Alexa app or your Amazon Echo devices. You can perform the Alexa to Alexa Calling, which allows you to call any individual on your contact list.
You can also do a Landline or Mobile Call that will let you dial to any number you want. There are also International Calls between the Echo devices or the Alexa app.
Make Alexa Calls with your Own Voice
Now, users of the Amazon Echo or Echo Dot smart speakers can contact any other users of the Echo devices using your own voice. You can also use your iOS or Android mobile phone, as well as Android Fire tablet. Your iOS must be running at 9.0 or higher and your Android at 5.0 and higher.
How to Make a Video Call with Alexa using your Smartphone
- Open the Alexa app on your Android or iOS mobile phone.
- At the bottom left side, look for the speech bubble. Tap to open.
- You will be asked permission to access your contacts. Tap Allow.
- Enter your valid phone number and confirm it to use the app.
- Search for the contacts you want to call. You can only call people within your contacts or with the Alexa app.
- Tap the contact to call.
- If you want to make a video call, tap the video call icon.
How to Make a Call with Alexa using your Amazon Echo Speaker
- Make sure your Echo Speaker is turned on.
- Say, “Alexa, call [name of your contact].
- Alexa will immediately start making the call.
- Once the call is active, the ring at the top of your speaker will pulse green.
- To end the call, just say, “Alexa, end call.”
How to Make Video Call with Alexa using your Echo Show/Spot
- First, say, “Alexa, call [name of your contact.]
- Alexa will then initiate the call.
- Once the call started, say, “Alexa, video on.” to begin your video call.
- To stop the video call, say “Alexa, video off.” or you can tap the video button off.
Make the Call Now!
Calling your loved ones is a lot easier and better thanks to the added feature from Amazon Alexa. Now, you will have more options to get in touch with anyone at your convenience.
Have you tried the Amazon Alexa Video Call? How was your experience? Tell us in the comments below.
NEED A NEW ALEXA DEVICE? Checkout these exclusive deals on Echo smart speakers at Amazon right now!