If you need to send money online, a safe payment app to use on your mobile devices is Venmo. It is easy to link your accounts, such as your debit card, credit card, or other bank accounts. Venmo lets you send and receive money directly from your iPhones and Android smartphones.
To use Venmo, you can install the Venmo app for Android or iOS devices and start linking your account. Each transaction will have a standard fee of 3% when you use your credit card. However, Venmo waives the fees if you send money through your bank account, Venmo balance, or debit card.
Aside from sending and receiving money from Venmo, the payment platform also acts as a social media network. You can see and add your friends to your Venmo account to easily share and split payments. When you send money family or pay a friend, you can add an emoji to make it more meaningful and fun.
However, Venmo automatically lets everyone see your friends list by default. It means that anyone in Venmo can view who your friends are and let your contacts find you. If you don’t want others to see your friends list publicly, you can hide it.
How to Change Privacy Settings and Hide My Venmo Friends List
You can make your Venmo account private and keep it that way by hiding your friends’ list. That way, you can enhance the security and privacy in your account and keep the prying eyes of the public away. Follow the steps below to find out how to do it.
- First, launch the Venmo app on your smartphone.
- On the top right corner, tap the Menu button or the three-diagonal icon.
- Scroll down and select Settings.
- Go to Privacy.
- Scroll down and select Friends List. If you cannot see the Friends List, tap the More option.
- Select Friends List.
- Now, tap the Private option.
- Scroll down and look for Appear in other user’s friends’ lists. If you don’t want others to see your name in other user’s friends’ lists, toggle the button to Off.
- Exit the Settings menu.
You also have the option to select Friends under the Friends List privacy setting. That means only your Venmo Friends can see your contact list.
How to Make My Venmo Account Private on Facebook and Phone Contacts
Through Venmo, it is also easy to find friends who use Venmo as their payment tool. But, if you don’t want your Facebook friends and phone contacts to see you on Venmo, you can also set it to Private.
- Tap the Menu button on your Venmo app.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down and select Friends & social.
- Toggle the button to Off beside Facebook Connect. It will prevent Venmo from adding your Facebook Friends to your Friends List.
- Scroll down and toggle the buttons to Off beside Phone Contacts and Facebook Contacts.
That’s it! You can go back and follow the steps if you want to edit and manage your privacy settings on Venmo again. That way, you have full control over how you want your Venmo account to appear.
Do you want to hide your Venmo Friends List to everyone or only to users outside your friends’ circle? We value your opinion, so please write them down below.