Discovery Channel launched its streaming service called Discovery+ last fall in the UK and Ireland. It now competes with other top streaming options like Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, and HBO Max.
Now, viewers in the US can enjoy watching the contents from Discovery Plus as it launched days ago in the country on Roku and Fire TV devices. Users can also enjoy the streaming service on several other platforms such as Samsung smart TVs, Apple TV, Google TV and Android TV, as well as Xbox consoles.
How to Download and Install Discovery Plus on Roku and Amazon Fire TV Devices
How to Get Discovery+ on Amazon Fire TV Devices
- Open your Fire TV.
- Using your remote control, go to the Apps tab.
- On the available apps, look for Discovery+. You can also use the search box to look for the app.
- If you found the app, click to open it.
- Select Get or Download.
- Wait for it to download.
- Now, click Open to access the app.
How to Get Discovery+ on Roku Streaming Players
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote control.
- Navigate to Search.
- On the search box, type Discovery Plus.
- Click the app on the right side.
- Select Add Channel to install the app.
- Click OK.
Discovery+ offers up to 55,000 episodes from Discovery Channel. You can check out contents from Food Network, TLC, Magnolia Network, HGTV, and Animal Planet. Get the app at a starting rate of $4.99 per month with ads. You can also subscribe ad-free at $6.99 per month.
Users can also access original shows from Discovery Plus. Watch series like Home Town: Ben’s Workshop, American Detective with Lt. Joe Kenda, 90 Day Fiancé Universe, Amityville Horror House, BattleBots: Bounty Hunters, Mysterious Planet, Amy Schumer Learns to Cook: Uncensored, Magnolia Table with Joanna Gaines, and HGTV’s House Party.
Are you excited to try out what Discovery Plus has to offer? Let us know what you think in the comments below.