Youtube TV just had another sharp price increase on its monthly subscription cost. Along with the new membership rate, Youtube is adding some popular TV shows such as Comedy Central, BET, VH1, MTV, Nickelodeon, and Paramount Network.
However, despite the enticing new offers, some users are still contemplating on whether they want to keep the service. If you are one of those people and want to cancel your own Youtube TV subscription, you are in luck as Google makes it super easy to do.
How do you Pause your YouTube TV Membership
Before delving into canceling your subscription to Youtube TV completely, you may want to know that there’s another option you can opt to, pause your membership. Youtube allows users to pause their subscriptions for as long as 6 months or 24 weeks.
During this period, you cannot record new shows but your data and add-ons will remain in your unlimited DVR. Family accounts linked to your subscription will also be paused.
How do you Cancel your Youtube TV Subscription
If you are decided, whether you can’t find your favorite live programmings or you’re just fed up with the price increases, you can easily cancel your Youtube TV subscription using your computer or your mobile device.
Cancel Youtube TV Subscription using your Computer
- On your web browser, go to tv.youtube.com.
- Select Settings and then go to Membership.
- Choose Pause or cancel membership option and then select Cancel membership.
Cancel Youtube TV Subscription on Android
- Open the YouTube TV app on your Android device.
- Select Settings and then Membership.
- Choose Pause or cancel membership option and then select Cancel.
Cancel Youtube TV Subscription on iPhone/iPad
- Visit tv.youtube.com on a computer or your mobile web browser.
- Go to Settings and then Membership.
- Click Pause or cancel membership and then Cancel membership.
That’s it! If you are on a free trial, you will immediately lose access to Youtube TV along with your data. However, if you are a regular subscriber, you can still access Youtube TV until the end of your payment period. Thereafter, your recordings will be kept in your library for 21 days but your library preferences will be saved forever in case you decide to sign up for an account again.