If you encountered an error while using YouTube TV, you are not alone. Many users have reported errors such as the licensing error that causes Youtube videos not to play. You may see the message, “Sorry There Was an Error Licensing this Video.”
It usually happens when you are using Youtube on a Chromebook or Chromecast device. Some users also reported seeing the message when launching their YouTube TV via Brave or Google Chrome browser.
How to Fix “Sorry There Was an Error Licensing this Video” on YouTube TV
Method #1 – Check for Widevine Content Decryption Module Update
There is a chance that the error is related to Widevine. Widevine Content Decryption Module is built-in in Chrome browsers as well as Chromium-based browsers like Brave. It enables the browser to play DRM-protected videos. However, your current Widevine may be outdated and needs updates thus triggering the error.
- To check for updates, open your Chrome or Brave browser.
- On the address bar, type chrome://components/ or brave://components/ and press Enter.
- Look for Widevine Content Decryption Module.
- Under it, click the Check for update box.
- Wait for the scan process to finish. Download and install the available update.
- Restart Brave or Google Chrome and check if the error still exists.
Method #2 – Check for Chrome Updates
The same works with your browser. There may be existing updates for Brave or Google Chrome that you need to install to help you get rid of the error.
- Open your Brave/Chrome browser.
- On the upper left side, click the Menu button or the three-horizontal dots.
- Click Help and choose About Google Chrome or About Brave.
- Pending updates will appear or check for available updates. Otherwise, it will indicate that your browser is up to date.
- If you see any update, download the update and install.
- Restart your Brave/Chrome browser.
Method #3 – Uninstall and Reinstall your Brave or Google Chrome Browser
- Make sure to close all your tabs and windows.
- Go to Start and click Settings.
- Choose Apps.
- Look for Brave or Google Chrome under Apps & features.
- Click Uninstall.
- To reinstall your browser, open a different browser.
- Go to Brave’s or Google Chrome’s official website.
- Click Download.
- Follow the download and installation process.
How do you like streaming on YouTube TV? Were you able to fin the licensing issue when playing videos? We would love to know what you think so drop us a comment below.