We are already used to the clean and simple homepage of the Google Chrome browser. You can see Google Search right away with your profile and Gmail situated at the top. But, even if you only need a few seconds on the Google homepage before you get to your search results, a customized background can be refreshing.
Fortunately, you can change or add a background image to Google homepage to freshen up search results page and your new tab in Google Chrome browser. All you have to do is to download the theme you want. Then, you can change the background any time you want. Unfortunately, though, for Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge, Brave or Opera browser users, you are stuck with the default generic Google search home page. Check out the article below to find out how you can do it on Chrome.
How to Change the Google Search Homepage Background Image with Chrome Themes
You can access the custom backgrounds from Google Chrome Web Store to install a theme that you want. It will be your starting point to customizing your Google search’s homepage.
- Launch your Google Chrome browser.
- On the address bar, enter the following: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/themes.
- Go to the left side panel.
- Select Themes.
- You will see a list of customized themes from different categories.
- If you find the theme that you want, click on it.
- Check out the Overview to know how the theme will look like on your browser.
- Click Reviews to know what other users have to say about the theme.
- If you want to add it, click the Add to Chrome button.
If you are planning on adding your own personal picture as the background image on Google homepage, sad to say that, you can’t do that as of yet. If you get tired of the new theme and want to replace it, go back to the Google Chrome Web Store and select the background that you want. It will automatically change the theme to the new one.
How to Revert & Install Google Homepage Default Background in Chrome Browser
If you want to revert to the simple Google homepage default background image in Google Chrome, follow the steps below.
- On the upper right corner, click the three-dotted icon.
- Go to Settings.
- On the left panel, scroll down and select Appearance.
- Look for Theme.
- Click the Reset to Default button.
- It will automatically go back to the default background.
What custom background have you tried on your Google homepage in Google Chrome browser? We are curious to know! You can share them with us in the comment section below.