Casting on a bigger screen can give you a more enjoyable watching experience. Whether you are streaming videos on YouTube or binge-watching your favorite TV series, it is best viewed on a wider screen.
If you are using the Google Chrome browser to watch YouTube videos online, you can use the Chromecast feature to cast the content to your smart TV. However, you need to make sure that your other devices are Chromecast-enabled and using the same network to be able to accept casting. All you have to do is look for the Google Cast icon at the lower part of your video playback and click it.
But, not all situation calls for a casting or mirroring tool. For some users, it is annoying to see the added button on their video when they do not need it. In other cases, users may not want the risk of accidentally casting the videos they watch on another device.
If you feel the same way and want to delete or remove the Chromecast button feature from your Google Chrome browser, it is possible to do so. This guide works for Chrome app on Windows 10 PC, Linux and Mac computers as well as Chromebooks.
How to Disable the Feature and Delete Chromecast Icon on Google Chrome Browser
To turn off and completely disable the Chromecast feature on your Google Chrome browser, you will need to follow the steps below.
- On your Google Chrome browser, enter chrome://flags on the address bar.
- Search for Load Media Router Component Extension.
- On the right side of Load Media Router Component Extension, click the drop-down menu.
- Select Disabled.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen.
- Click the Relaunch button. Your Google Chrome browser will restart.
- Once completed, you will need to turn off the second flag.
- Go back to chrome://flags.
- Search for Cast Media Route Provider.
- Next to it, click the drop-down menu.
- Select Disabled.
- Click the Relaunch button.
Now, you no longer see the Google Chromecast icon on your Chrome browser when you try to watch a YouTube video or do some stuff. You can turn it back on by going through the same process above. Then, set both flags to Enabled.
What are your reasons for removing the Chromecast feature from Google Chrome? We want to know what our readers think. Please do write your comments in the space below.