Some users are experiencing an issue when signing in to their HBO Max account on Android devices. These users are subscribed to HBO Max through their AT&T plan.
Users are being redirected to the service error or post data page. If you are one of the unfortunate users who get this error when trying to access HBO Max, read on to try these troubleshooting methods and fix the issue once and for all.
Check if your Subscription to HBO Max is Active
The first thing you need to try is to check whether you currently have an active HBO Max subscription or not. Select AT&T plans include access to HBO Max without additional charge. You should check with your provider if you need to upgrade your current plan or need an add-on to get HBO Max.
Sign in to your Provider’s Website
Make sure that you can sign in to your provider account, which is AT&T. Once you have confirmed that you are eligible to access HBO Max using your current AT&T plan, try and sign in to your AT&T account from your computer. Follow this method:
- Go to att.com and click on Account Overview from the Account menu.
- Then click on the link for HBO Max.
- Sign in to your AT&T account.
- Once signed in, you can now create your HBO Max account and set up your profiles.
- It is important to note that you will need to set up your password here and not on the app.
- Go to the Account page and change your password.
- Once done, you should now be able to sign in using your HBO Max account on your Android app.
If for some odd reasons, you are still unable to sign in to your HBO Max account, give these troubleshooting methods a try.
Clear Cache and Reinstall HBO Max on Android
Try to clear the HBO Max app cache and data on your Android device. Then, you need to uninstall the app and try to reinstall.
- On your Android device, go to Settings
- On older Android versions, go to Settings > Applications > Application Manager and find HBO Max.
- Click Search and type HBO Max.
- Go to HBO Max App info and then Storage & cache.
- Tap Clear Storage and then Clear cache.
- Confirm deletion.
- Go back app info and then tap Uninstall.
- Now, open the Google Play Store and search for the HBO Max app and tap Install.
Once installed, you can try to open HBO Max and sign in through your provider again.
Clear Browsing Data on Android
Try to clear your browsing data on your Chrome browser.
- Open the Chrome app on your Android device.
- Go to Settings.
- Under “Advanced,” tap Privacy. Clear browsing data.
- Choose a time range, like Last hour or All time.
- Select the types of information you want to be cleared.
- Tap Clear data.
After clearing your browsing data, you can now try to open HBO Max and sign in again.
That’s it! Please let us know in the comments below if you are able to fix the sign-in issues with your HBO Max account on Android using your AT&T plan.