There are a lot of new movies and shows you can watch on HBO Max. Binge-watching for the weekend with your favorite shows can take hours of pure entertainment.
But, what if HBO Max is unable to cast content to your TV using a Roku or Chromecast device? Several users have reported the same issue, and instead of an enjoyable experience, they end up getting frustrated.
Fixing Unable to Cast HBO MAX using Roku or Chromecast
Solution #1 – Use the Google Home App to Cast Using Roku and Chromecast
You can use the Google Home app to mirror your screen. First, you need to download the Google Home app on your device.
Look for Google Home app on Google Play or Play Store and install it on your device.
- Now, you need to set up your Roku and Chromecast device first on your Google Home App.
- Open your Google Home app.
- On the upper left corner, click for the Plus sign.
- Under Add to home, click Set up device.
- If it is the first time for you to set up a device on your Google Home app, click Set up new devices in your home. But, if you have been using it a long time or you are using a Roku device, select Have something already set up?
- Look for Roku or Chromecast and click to open.
- Enter your account details and click Sign in.
- Click Accept and Continue if prompted by a message.
- Choose the device you want to add.
- Click Continue to Google App.
- To mirror your screen, open the Settings of your smartphone.
- Go to Connected devices.
- Click Connection Preferences.
- Select Cast.
- Now, choose Roku TV or Chromecast to cast your HBO Max.
Solution #2 – Use Roku’s Screen Mirroring
- Make sure your TV is connected to your Roku device. From the homepage, go to Settings using your remote.
- Select System.
- Click Screen Mirroring.
- Now, select Screen mirroring mode.
- You can choose either Always Allow or Prompt.
- Next, look for Screen mirroring devices.
- On your smartphone, open Settings, and click Connected devices.
- Go to Connection Preferences and click Cast.
- Wait for the Roku device name to appear on your screen and click it. Make sure that your TV and your smartphone is connected to the same network.
- You can choose either Allow or Always Allow depending on your presence.
- On your smartphone, open your HBO Max app and start watching. It will then mirror to your TV.
Did the methods above helped you? Let us know in the comments below.