A typical error message on Venmo is “The Server Returned an Error.”
Resolve Venmo App Issue ‘The Server Returned an Error’
If you’re having this issue, relax! We’ll lead you through numerous steps in this in-depth troubleshooting guide to help you fix the Venmo issue and resume using it without any problems.
Check Internet Connectivity and Available Storage
It’s crucial to confirm that you have a reliable internet connection and enough storage space on your device before beginning troubleshooting procedures. What you ought to do is:
- Ensure that your gadget has a robust mobile data connection or is linked to a reliable Wi-Fi network.
- Confirm that your device has enough storage to hold the Venmo app and associated data. Delete pointless files or applications to make space if necessary.
The Venmo app must have a reliable internet connection and enough storage to function properly.
Try temporarily removing your device’s VPN (Virtual Private Network) if you’re using one. To sign out and sign back in, proceed as follows: Initiate the Venmo application on your phone or tablet.
Here is how to terminate a VPN:
- Access the settings on your smartphone.
- Find the network connections section or the VPN settings.
- Turn off the VPN setting.
You can avoid any potential issues that might be the root of the Venmo app’s server error by disconnecting the VPN.
Log Out and Log Back In on your Venmo Account
Occasionally, logging out and back in to your Venmo account can fix momentary problems. Refreshing your session can assist in fixing any bugs.
To log out and back in, do the following:
- Launch the Venmo app on your phone or tablet.
- Visit the profile or account settings area.
- Locate the sign-out or log-out option.
- Authenticate your action and log out from your account.
- Use your login information to log in again.
Reestablishing the connection between your device and the Venmo server by logging out and back in may help to fix the server problem.
Update the Venmo App
Updating your Venmo app is crucial since updates frequently include bug fixes and enhancements that can fix reported problems. The following is how to update the app:
- Access the app store on your smartphone (such as the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store).
- Type “Venmo” into the search box.
- A “Update” button will appear next to the app if an update is available. To start the update process, tap or click on it.
You can ensure that you have the most recent bug fixes and enhancements, which can assist in resolving the server error, by updating the Venmo app to the most recent version.
Clear the Venmo App Cache
By clearing the app cache, you can frequently fix problems brought on by faulty or inaccurate data in the Venmo app. The procedure to clear the app cache may vary depending on your device and its operating system.
Here is an overview:
- Access the settings on your smartphone.
- Look for the “Apps” or “Applications” category.
- Find “Venmo” in the list of installed apps, then press it.
- Look for a cache or storage clearing option.
- Click “Clear cache” to delete any cached data for the app.
Clearing the app cache eliminates any potential conflicts that might occur from outdated or corrupt data, which could contribute to the server issue.
Verify Venmo Server Status
The Venmo side may occasionally have server problems or maintenance procedures that result in error messages like “The Server Returned an Error.”
Take the following actions to make sure Venmo is not the issue:
- Go to the official website for Venmo assistance.
- Search for any notifications or announcements regarding server maintenance or problems.
- As an alternative, you can look for reports about Venmo server issues on reputable sites like DownDetector.
It’s possible that the error is transitory and unrelated to your device or account if there have been any documented server problems or maintenance operations.
Contact Venmo Customer Support
It is advised to contact Venmo Support for additional help. Based on the details of your account and device, they can offer precise troubleshooting procedures thanks to their access to expert knowledge.
Here is how to get in touch with Venmo Support:
- Go to the Venmo official website.
- Visit the support page or search for the “Contact” link.
- Select the best form of communication, such as live chat, email, or phone assistance.
- Give them specific details regarding the error message you’re receiving and the actions you’ve previously taken.
Venmo Support will walk you through more troubleshooting or, if necessary, escalate the problem.