One of the popular video conferencing apps these days is Zoom. It has offered excellent service to a lot of people, especially when we are compelled to work remotely or have to connect online.
However, Zoom also has its share of problems, among which is security and data leakages. Some users would switch to another video conferencing apps like Google Meet and Microsoft Teams or even Skype and Google Duo, just to avoid getting involved in these privacy issues.
If you are currently using Zoom but want to switch to another video conferencing service, you can delete your account permanently. Check out the article below to know the steps on how to terminate your Zoom account.
Are you a Basic or a Licensed Zoom User?
But, before you can delete your Zoom account, you need to identify the type of Zoom account you are currently using. There are two types of users. One is the Basic user and the other is the Licensed user.
Take note that you can delete your account permanently under the Basic user status. However, it is a different process when you are a Licensed user. You will need to cancel your subscription first.
How to Cancel Your Zoom Subscription
- Launch any browser and open the Zoom web portal.
- Look for the Admin option and click the Account Management.
- Select Billing.
- Navigate to the Current Plans tab.
- Look for your current plan and click Cancel Subscription.
- A confirmation message will appear. Click Cancel Subscription.
- Click the reason for your account cancellation.
- Click Submit.
- Now, you can check the status of your plan. It will change from Active to Cancelled.
Delete or Terminate your Zoom Account Permanently
When you delete your Zoom account permanently, you have to do it using the web portal. You cannot terminate your account using the mobile app.
- Open the Zoom web portal.
- Login your account.
- On the upper-right corner, click the Profile icon.
- Scroll down and look for the Sign me Out From All Device. Click the option.
- You will be signed out of Zoom in all your devices.
- Launch the Zoom web portal again and log in to your account.
- On the left side, click for the Admin tab.
- Select Account Management.
- Click the Account Profile.
- Next, select Terminate my account.
- A confirmation message will appear. Click Yes to confirm.
That’s it! You have permanently deleted your Zoom account. Start deleting the Zoom apps in all your devices. Now, look for a new video conferencing app such as Google Hangouts and Skype.
What’s your reason for terminating your Zoom account? Let us know in the comments below.