There is much excitement in watching videos online. Take the TikTok social media platform for example. You can find many videos made by a lot of people with different purposes and themes that will keep the audience entertained. Many people are glued to TikTok not just in watching the videos every day but also taking part in uploading their own videos.
But, not all people are fascinated by the idea of TikTok videos. Some people find it unworthy of their time, especially since there are videos that are not ideal for the general public. If you think that TikTok is no longer a productive app for you, you can always delete your TikTok account permanently.
According to the TikTok website, any deleted account can no longer be recovered. Once you decide and delete your account, it will permanently be erased and there is no way to recover the data that has been lost. You will no longer be able to access your videos or purchases made.
If you are certain that you want to delete the data you have stored in your TikTok account, follow the steps below on how to do it on the TikTok app on your Android or iOS device.
Deleting your TikTok Account Permanently via the App
You can delete your account through the TikTok App.
- On your iPhone or Android phone, launch the TikTok app.
- Log in to your account if you have signed out before.
- On the lower right corner, click the Me section.
- Click the three-dotted icon found on the upper right corner.
- Under Account, select Manage my account.
- Go to the bottom of the screen and you will see Delete account. Click to start the deleting process.
- Click the Send Code button to receive the verification code. The code will be sent to your device.
- Enter the code and click Continue.
- A confirmation message will appear reminding you of what will happen if your delete the account.
- If you agree, click Delete Account.
TikTok offers its users a 30-day window for them to reactivate their account if they decide to change their minds. If no reactivation is done, the account will be deleted completely for good after 30 days.
What are your reasons for deleting your TikTok account? We would love to know your story, so share it with us in the comments below.