If you are using Skype for video calling, there are moments when you do not like the background of your video. This often happens when we are at an online meeting with our co-workers, with clients or even with friends. A messy background does not look very pleasing to the eye.
Perhaps you simply want to have a more fun backdrop when you are calling with your friends. Now, you can, thanks to the new update released by Microsoft for Skype. You can now use custom backgrounds during your video calls like you can with Zoom.
The new feature is available to Skype for Windows, Mac, Web, and Linux. The Skype 8.59 update includes the Background effect option found in the Skype menu. Users can change their real-life background to other settings and make it look more professional and mess-free.
Aside from the background effect, Skype 8.59 also includes other features. You can directly share files from your Mac to your contacts. You also have quick access to call controls. Microsoft also added improvements that will help fix bugs and errors.
So, how do you change your Skype video call virtual background? Check out the method below.
How to Customize Background for a Skype Video Call
- Open Skype.
- Select a contact and initiate a call.
- During the call, look for the video icon and hover to open. You may also choose to click the Menu button or the three-dots icon.
- Next, select Choose background effect.
- You have different options for your background. You can choose any available background or you may upload a new background. If you simply want to blur out your background, click Blur.
How to Set Up a Custom Background to All Your Skype Calls
If you want to set your custom background for all your Skype video calls, you can do it ahead.
- Just go to your profile picture.
- Select Settings.
- Click Audio & Video.
- Click Choose background effect. You can now choose any background or upload a new background from your computer. You can also choose to simply Blur your background.
That’s it! Now you can put your mind at ease and enjoy your Skype video calls at all times. If you choose to upload a new background, make sure that it is in a landscape orientation and must be saved locally on your computer.
How do you like Skype for video conferencing so far? Share your story with us in the comments below.