One of the most popular video conferencing apps these days is Zoom. A lot of organizations and groups are relying on Zoom video calls to connect with their co-workers or peers to continue with work as team remotely. Despite the earlier setbacks, Zoom managed to redeem itself as a reliable and easy to use platform for collaboration.
If you are using a Chromebook, you can also use Zoom with your Chrome OS. All you have to do first is to install the app. You can also install the extension on your Chrome browser so you can access Zoom and join any group video call.
However, keep in mind that these solutions for your Chromebook’s may not offer other features like in the desktop versions. You cannot access the custom background feature. Still, you can have a seamless remote conference with your group.
How to Install Zoom in Chrome OS
- Go to the Chrome Web Store and look for the Zoom app.
- Open the page and click Add to Chrome.
- You will receive a confirmation message. Click the Add app.
- Wait for the process to finish.
- When done, look for the Zoom app on your app launcher.
- Now, you can start joining a meeting.
How to Use Zoom with a Chromebook
You can use Zoom similar to the desktop version on Mac or PC.
- Launch your Zoom app.
- You can sign in your account and start a meeting.
- If you already have a Zoom ID and password, you can click Join under Join a meeting and type the ID and password.
Zoom in Chromebooks offers most of the useful features with the Zoom app in Mac or PC. You can join an audio or video call, invite others to join, start or stop our video, and manage participants. You can also pin a participant’s video and switch to gallery view.
Was the article helpful? We would love to know what you think, so tell us in the comments below.