Many people love using Roku as their streaming device. But, did you know that you can also view your photos on TV using your Roku device? It is possible if you make them as screensavers.
Roku has a new feature that lets users create custom screensavers, so you can use your own photos and see them on your TV.
All you need to have are the cool photos and even videos from your recent vacation saved on your phone.
How to Create a Custom Roku Screensaver with your Own Photos
To download the app, search for the Roku app on Google Play Store or the App Store. After downloading the app, make sure it is connected to your Roku device.
- Open the Roku app on your smartphone.
- At the bottom of the screen, look for the Media button and click to open.
- Select Screensaver.
- Tap the Get Started button.
- A notification message will inform you that Roku will access your photos and videos. Click Give Access.
- You can now choose any photo that you want to use as your screensaver. You can add more photos to fill up your screensaver. Each time you add a photo, you can see a preview on your TV screen. Roku will notify you if no more photos can be added.
- You can also choose the style for your screensaver, either you want it HQ Still or Pan and Zoom. You can also set the time for your screensaver.
- Once you are done, click Set Screensaver.
It is that easy! If you want some photos added to your Roku screensaver, you can preselect them before creating a screensaver, especially if you have tons of photos in your gallery to choose from. Now, you can see your memories right on your TV.
What do you think of the custom Roku screensavers? Tell us in the comments below.