Facebook is one of the biggest and most popular social media apps. With millions of users worldwide, it is no wonder Facebook continues to enhance its features to make people stay. Unfortunately, a lot of users have reported that the Continue on Watch feature is not promising for Facebook Videos.
Many users are annoyed by the interruption they see while watching Facebook videos. After 30 seconds of watching, they are blocked by the message, “Continue on Watch”. Though it does not take up a lot of time to hit the button and continue watching, the interruption is frustrating. For some users, it is better not to continue watching the videos.
Why Do Facebook Videos Say Continue on Watch?
Continue on Watch is a way for Facebook to transfer its users to its Watch feature for videos. Facebook Watch is the new video-on-demand service by the social media company that allows users to upload videos for free. You can access Facebook Watch by logging in to your account and clicking the Watch tab or the TV icon.
When users click the Continue on Watch button, it will take them to the Watch tab and out of their newsfeed.
How to Turn off and Get Rid of Continue on Watch on Facebook?
Unfortunately, there is no disable option for the Continue on Watch feature on Facebook. You can either click the button or not continue with the video. Still, there are a few solutions that you can try, which may help you get rid of it.
Solution #1 – Remove the Facebook Watch Tab
This solution will only remove the Watch tab on your Facebook account. It can still trigger the Continue on Watch feature. You can access the Watch on the menu.
- Launch your Facebook app.
- Look for the Watch icon along with the list of tabs at the top of the app.
- Tap the icon for 3 seconds.
- Select the Remove from the shortcut bars.
Solution #2 – Turn Off Autoplaying on your Facebook App
Turning off autoplaying will prevent videos from automatically playing when you scroll over them.
- Open your Facebook app.
- Tap the More button.
- Go to Settings & Privacy.
- Select Settings.
- Go to Media and Contacts.
- Select Autoplay.
- Tap Never Autoplay Videos.
Solution #3 – Download the Previous Version of Facebook
Previous versions of Facebook may not contain the Continue in Watch feature. You may want to choose what is before the Facebook version 2188.8.131.52.121.
- To download the previous version of Facebook, uninstall the current app based on the instructions of your device.
- On your browser, look for an APK file for the previous versions of Facebook. You can check version 2184.108.40.206.117.
- Download the APK file.
- After downloading, access the file and install it on your device.
- You now have the previous Facebook version on your phone. Try to see if it still has the Continue to Watch feature.
Did any of the solutions above disabled the feature? Tell us in the comments below.