If you love to take a lot of pictures, the Photos App in Windows 10 can help you organize and edit your photos. It is the default photo-sharing application in the Windows ecosystem that allows users to view their pictures and share it with other people. You can enjoy all your photos in one place.
The Photos app has excellent features that enable you to properly store your photos. You can organize them in albums to sort them according to your preferences. You can integrate it with your OneDrive cloud for easier access to all your devices. Microsoft’s Photos app also has a Face Detection and Recognition technology that identifies and tags you in the photos you have stored.
Aside from your face, the face recognition feature also identifies other people in your photos. This will help you group your photos better especially when you want to sort them by the people in it.
Still, not all people are comfortable with the Face Recognition function. Many users are uneasy with technology recognizing them automatically in every photo. If you want to turn off the feature, follow the steps below.
How to Disable Face Detection & Recognition in Windows 10 Photos
- Go to the Photos app.
- On the upper right side, click the three-dotted icon.
- A drop-down menu will appear. Select Settings.
- Under the Viewing and Editing, look for People and toggle the button to Off under it.
- A confirmation message will appear. Select Accept to confirm.
- Close the Photos app.
If you want to enable the Face Detection and Recognition back, just follow the steps above and toggle the button to On to enable the function.
There is also a way for you to turn off the recognition feature on your Windows Hello.
- Open the Settings.
- Go to Accounts.
- Next, select Sign-in options.
- Look for the Picture password. Under it, choose Remove.
- Turn off the Automatically unlock the screen if we recognize your face option. This will disable the Facial Recognition of your Windows Hello.
Facial Recognition is a cool technology but if it gets in your way, you can turn it off anytime in your Photos App in Windows 10. Are you using Facial Detection and Recognition or do you want to disable it? Tell us in the comments below.BLACK FRIDAY 2022: Check out these can’t be missed trending deals for Black Friday 2022.