Watching a movie or TV show on Paramount Plus can be more enjoyable if you understand what the characters are saying. This is most especially true if the language on the film or show is not the primary one you are speaking. Good thing Paramount Plus allows you to enable or disable subtitles and closed captions, so you have the option if you want to have the added text on your screen or not.
Turning On or Off Subtitles and Closed Captions on Paramount Plus
How to enable or disable the subtitles and closed captioning on the Paramount+ app depends on the device you are using to stream your favorite shows and movies. ViacomCBS brought over this feature from CBS All Access.
Below are various ways to turn on or off the subtitles and closed captions on different Paramount Plus app supported devices. Look for the streaming platform or player you use and follow the steps below.
Enable or Disable Subtitles and Closed Captions on Paramount+ Via Mobile Device
- On your iPhone (iOS) or Android mobile phone, launch the Paramount+ app.
- Tap the menu icon found on the top left corner.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Tap Closed Captions.
- From there, you can turn subtitles on or off.
Enable or Disable Subtitles and Closed Captions on Paramount Plus Via Roku
- On your Roku TV or streaming player, open the Paramount Plus app.
- Login to your account.
- Play any movie or show that you want.
- On your Roku remote, press the asterisk button.
- Select Closed Captioning.
- Now, you can choose the option for your subtitle.
Turn On or Off Subtitles and Closed Captioning on Paramount+ Via Amazon Fire TV or Fire Stick
- Launch the Paramount Plus app on your Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick.
- Play any content.
- Press the Menu button on your Fire Stick.
- Go to Subtitles and Audio.
- You can now choose to enable or disable the subtitles.
Enable or Disable Subtitles and Closed Captions on Paramount Plus Via Web Browser
- Launch any browser on your computer.
- On the address bar, type https://www.paramountplus.com/ and hit Enter.
- Login to your account.
- Select any movie or show to play.
- Click the Pause button on the playback menu.
- Click the CC icon.
- From there, select how you want your subtitles to work.
Turn On/Off Subtitles and Closed Captioning on Paramount Plus Via a Smart TV
- Open the Paramount Plus app on your Smart TV.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Accessibility.
- Click the Closed Captions option.
- Now, you can turn the subtitles on or off.
Which Paramount Plus titles do you always feel that you need to turn on the subtitles or closed captioning feature? We are curious to know, so drop your answers below.