A password manager can help you strengthen your password storage and make sure nobody has access to them but you. With an added layer of protection, you are assured that it will be a challenge before someone else can access your accounts.
If you’ve been using Firefox as your main browser and want to transition your saved logins and passwords to a dedicated password manager, you can easily export them to a CSV file. This feature has been around for a while on Google Chrome and now Firefox users have the same ability to export saved passwords to a file.
Exporting your logins and passwords to a CSV File will eliminate the need to manually input your password again. Not only will it help you accurately add your password, but it will also be easy and faster to store all your passwords to your password manager. After you have exported your passwords and login, you can delete them from your browser.
When you export your logins and files on a CSV file format, it will contain the following information:
Export Saved Logins and Passwords in Firefox to a CSV File
- Open your Firefox browser.
- Click Menu and choose Logins and Passwords. You may also type on the address bar: about:logins.
- Look for the three-dotted icon and click to open the drop-down menu.
- Select Export logins.
- A notification message will appear telling you that your password will be saved as readable text. Click Export.
- Enter your Master Password or your Windows Password.
- Click OK.
- Click Save to store your login file in a CSV format on your computer.
How to Open and View your Exported CSV File
If you want to view your CSV file, you will need to open it in Microsoft Excel or some kind of CSV Viewer. If you have neither of those, you can try this method:
- Open a browser and go to Google Sheets.
- Sign in your account.
- Click Blank to open a new spreadsheet.
- Click File and choose Open.
- Select Upload.
- From your CSV File location, drag and drop your CSV file to your Google Sheets.
Now, you can open and view your exported CSV file containing your saved passwords from Firefox.
It is that easy and fast! Doing the steps above will help you manage your passwords quickly and save you time. Was the article helpful? Tell us in the comments below.