Discord is a popular messaging platform among gamers. It is where they can exchange messages and contents related to different games. Gamers can search for other players and form a wider social group. However, it is always unavoidable to enter into arguments with other players, especially when things are not going their respective ways.
The platform is not free from offensive messages exchanged among players. While some messages are meant to amuse, other players seeing the contents are offended and hurt. If you have been in a similar situation, the best you can do is to report abusive behavior to Discord.
Reporting abusive behavior requires evidence and specific details to verify your cyberbullying complaint. You can send a screenshot of the offensive messages. But, what happens if the offensive messages have been deleted?
Can You Find and View Deleted Messages on Discord?
How to Report Someone on Discord
If you want to report an abusive behavior on Discord, there are things you need to submit as you file your report. You will need to secure three IDs:
- The ID of the user’s name you want to report
- The ID of the offensive message
- The ID of the server where the conversation happened.
- To obtain these three IDs, go to Settings.
- Click Appearance.
- Click the Advanced section.
- Turn on the Developer Mode.
- Now, look for the abusive message and right-click on the user’s name. Click Copy ID and paste it on a text document.
- Next, right-click on the message and click Copy ID. Paste the ID of the message with the first ID.
- Lastly, right-click on the server name and click Copy ID. Paste it along with the other two texts.
- To report the message, go to https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.
- Under the What can we help you with option, select Trust & Safety.
- Type your email address.
- Under Report Type, choose the appropriate subject.
- You can write a note explaining your complaint and paste the three IDs.
- If you have a screenshot, use the Attachment.
- Click Submit when you are done.
Reporting an offensive message can help block abusive users from Discord and maintain a clean exchange in the platform. While it may not completely eliminate these situations, it can help minimize cyberbullying and protect other users.
Have you ever reported an offensive behavior in Discord? Share your story with us in the comments below.