Everything you need to organize your work in the office or at school is in Microsoft 365. Collaboration with your team is easier with online tools like Microsoft Teams, Microsoft OneDrive, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Office suite of services like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. You can create documents, spreadsheets, and presentations while storing them on a cloud storage drive. Now, you can set up your school, work, or business account on Microsoft 365.
But, some users complained that they are unable to create an account on their Microsoft 365 due to an error message. It reads,
“Something went wrong! Your account was not set up on this device because device management could not be enabled. This device might not be able to access some resources, such as Wi-Fi, VPN, or email.”
It may be annoying to encounter a problem while installing and setting up your Microsoft 365 account, but some solutions will help you fix the issue.
How to Fix “Your account was not set up on this device because device management could not be enabled” Error on Microsoft 365
There are different ways to troubleshoot the “Your account was not set up on this device because device management could not be enabled” account installation error on Microsoft 365. Check out each of the methods below and see if it resolves the problem.
Solution #1 – Enable Windows Device Management
Users getting this error are often in the middle of using the Google Workspace service. In order to proceed with your setup, you need to enable the Windows Device Management setting and enroll your device from there.
- On your browser, go to https://admin.google.com/. Use an administrator account to sign in.
- Navigate to the Device tab.
- Select the users.
- Choose Settings.
- Go to Windows settings.
- Click Desktop security setup.
- Select Windows Device Management.
- Click Enable.
Solution #2 – Check if your Microsoft 365 is Active
- Launch any Microsoft Office application. You can open Microsoft Word or MS Excel.
- Click File.
- Select Account.
- Look for Product Information.
- Check if it has Product Activated under it.
Solution #3 – Remove Any Other Email Accounts
- Open any Office app like Microsoft Teams or Outlook.
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- Select Account.
- Click Access work or school.
- Check if there are other email accounts added that are not related to your work or school account.
- Remove the account.
- Close the Office application and relaunch.
- Check if the other account is still there. If not, try to set up your account.
Solution #4 – Remove Microsoft 365 Credentials
- Launch any Microsoft Office application.
- Click your name and select Sign-out.
- Click Sign-out again to confirm.
- Navigate to the Control Panel.
- Go to Credential Manager. You can also use the search bar to look for the Credential Manager.
- Select Windows Credentials.
- Look for any Microsoft 365 credentials and click Remove. Do it to all Microsoft 365 credentials.
- Exit the window.
- Navigate to the Settings menu of your PC.
- Go to Accounts.
- Select Access work or school.
- Click any work or school account.
- Click Disconnect.
- Click Yes.
- Open any Office application.
- Click Sign-in at the upper right corner.
- Enter your work or school account.
- Look for the Allow my organization to manage my device and uncheck the box.
- Click OK.
- Click Done.
What else did you do that helped you fix the Microsoft 365 “Your account was not set up on this device” error? You can share your solutions with us down below.BLACK FRIDAY 2022: Check out these can’t be missed trending deals for Black Friday 2022.