Instagram is on the top list of social media choices for people all over the world. You can let everyone know your mood today or updates regarding your social life. Users can even showcase their talents and creations on their Instagram Stories and Reels.
Music helps set the tone on Instagram posts. Sometimes, a small part of the song speaks exactly the message that you want to impart to your followers at the moment. So, if you want to use and add background music to any of your Instagram feed video posts, Stories, and Reels, follow the steps below.
How to Add Music to Instagram Stories
It only takes a few moments to create an Instagram story with the perfect song and backing tracks in mind. Check out the steps below.
- Launch the Instagram app on your device.
- On your profile picture, tap the Plus sign button.
- Select Add To Your Story.
- At the top of the screen, tap the Sticker icon.
- Tap the Music button.
- Look for the song that you want to add to your Instagram story.
- Select the song and adjust the bar to the 15-second part that you want to add.
- You can change the replace the album with the lyrics of the song by tapping the Album thumbnail above the screen.
- Tap Done.
- Now, move the position of the lyrics around the photo.
- Tap Your Story to post it.
Adding Songs to your Instagram Reels
If you want to add music to your Instagram Reels, the steps are the same as adding songs to your stories.
- Go to the Home page of your Instagram app.
- In the upper right corner, tap the Plus sign button.
- Choose Reels at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the Music icon.
- Choose the song that you want to add.
- Adjust it to the part that you want to include in your reel.
How to Add Music on Any of your Instagram Feed Posts
Instagram offers no function for you to insert background songs to your feed video posts until now. The social media giant is currently testing the feature that will allow users to add music to their Instagram feeds. As of now, the testing is available in Brazil, India, and Turkey only. If you are from any of these locations, here’s how to do it:
- To add songs to your Instagram Feeds, upload a photo.
- Tap Add Music.
- Select the song that you want to add. You can also search in the For You and Trending sections.
- Select the clip duration and the length of time for your music.
- Tap Done.
What are your top favorite songs to add to your Instagram Stories, Feeds, or Reels? You can share them with us in the comment section below.