If you are into RPG games, you would have downloaded and played the much-awaited Cyberpunk 2077. It features an action-adventure Night City setting, where gamers play the role of an outlaw called V. Game developer CD Projekt Red developed the game and released it last December 10, 2020 for Xbox One, Windows 10 PC, Stadia, and PlayStation 4.
However, several users reported that they encounter an error when playing the game on Windows 10. They are unable to load or save a game on Cyberpunk 2077. The game throws out some file location error. Saving the game is crucial for a gamer to get back where they left off before. If the game fails to save, they will have to go back to square one.
How to Fix Unable to Save Game in Cyberpunk 2077 on PC
There are different ways on how you can fix the “can’t save game” problem on Cyberpunk 2077 when playing on PC. Follow each step one at a time and see if it will resolve the issue or not.
Solution #1 – Disable OneDrive Backup
- Open the OneDrive icon on your notification bar.
- Click the More button.
- Go to Settings.
- Navigate to the Backup tab.
- Click Manage backup.
- Select Stop backup.
- A confirmation window will appear.
- Click Stop backup.
- Now, click Close.
- If there are folders left with enabled backup, do the same steps to stop the backup.
- Once done, go back to the Backup tab.
- Click OK.
Solution #2 – Run Cyberpunk 2077 as Administrator
When launching the game, you can run it with admin rights.
- Look for the REDprelauncher icon. Right-click on it.
- Select Properties.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab.
- Look for the Run this program as administrator. Check the box.
- Click Apply.
Solution #3 – Allow Cyberpunk 2077 on Windows Defender
- Navigate to the Windows Security folder on your computer. You can also search for it through the Start button.
- Click Virus & threat protection.
- Go to the Virus & threat protection settings.
- Look for the Controlled folder access.
- Click the Allow an app through the Controlled folder access option.
- Click Add an allowed app.
- Browse through the apps.
- Click Cyberpunk 2077.
- Allow the REDprelauncher.
If you are using other antivirus software, you can give access or allow permission to Cyberpunk 2077.
Which of the solutions above help you fix the error? Tell us in the comments below.