Connecting with other gamers is one way to keep your game exciting. Playing games can be entertaining but it is a lot better if you can coordinate with other gamers and chat with them. In comes Discord, a chat app that allows you to communicate with other games. You can install and use discord on your Xbox One.
When you have Discord in your Xbox One, you can see what your friends are playing, share new games and achievements, and play in groups. You can communicate through text or audio chat. With its availability on your Xbox One gaming console, it is even easier for you to connect with other gamers in the world.
If you want to start using Discord on your Xbox One now, follow the steps below.
Steps on How to Install and Use Discord on Xbox One
Before you start using Discord on Xbox One, you will first need to have a Discord account and an Xbox Live account. You will need to link your Discord account with your Xbox Live account.
Start with creating a Discord account. You can do it via their website on any browser or your Discord mobile app. Creating an account is free. Type in your email address, your username, and your chosen password.
After you have created a Discord account, you can now link both accounts. There are two ways to do this – first is through your Xbox One console and second is using your Discord app.
Link Discord and Xbox Live Accounts using Xbox One Console
- Open your Xbox One.
- On the upper right corner, click the gamertag and select Settings.
- Click Account.
- Select Linked social accounts.
- Type in your account passkey.
- Now, click Discord to link the accounts.
- A six-digit pin code will appear. Copy this code and use it on your Discord app.
Link Discord and Xbox Live Accounts via Discord App or Website
- You can choose to launch your Discord app on your smartphone or computer.
- Go to the User Settings.
- Select Connections.
- Look for the Xbox One icon and click to select.
- Copy the pin on your Xbox One’s TV screen and type it on your Discord app.
With the methods above, you can use Discord to widen your gaming community and explore more games and connections. Is linking your Discord and Xbox One helpful? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.