Using Facebook Messenger on your Android device or iPhone makes online communication easier. Unfortunately, there are instances when you may encounter problems when using the Facebook Messenger messaging app. For instance, your Facebook stories may not show up on Messenger app for Android or iOS mobile device.
There are various reasons why you see an error with the story videos on your Facebook Messenger app. It may be due to an issue with your Internet network connection, a problem with the Facebook Messenger app itself, or probably, an error with the device system.
How to Fix Facebook Messenger Stories Not Showing Up or Missing on iPhone and Android Mobile Phone
Fortunately, there are several ways for you to try to resolve and fix the story video missing issue on your Facebook Messenger account. You can try to troubleshoot the social media messaging app problem with the solutions below and view your stories in no time.
Method #1 – Restart your Facebook Messenger App
- Exit the Messenger app.
- Wait for a few seconds before relaunching it.
Method #2 – Check if there are Stories you Muted
- On your Messenger app, tap your profile picture.
- Select Story.
- Tap Stories You’ve Muted.
- Now, check if there are friends you have muted. Uncheck the box and tap the Apply button on top.
Method #3 – Perform a Force Stop on your Android Device
- Look for the Messenger app icon on your home screen and long press it to launch app info.
- Select Force Stop.
- Relaunch your Facebook Messenger.
Method #4 – Allow Mobile Data on your iPhone
- Launch the Settings menu of your iPhone.
- Look for Messenger.
- Next to Mobile Data, toggle the button to on.
Method #5 – Turn Off Data Saver Mode on your Android Device
- On your Facebook Messenger app, tap your profile picture.
- Select Data Saver.
- Make sure to toggle the button to off.
Method #6 – Delete the Messenger App Cache on your Android Device
- Open the Settings menu of your Android device.
- Go to Apps.
- Select Facebook Messenger.
- Choose Storage.
- Tap Clear Cache.
- Tap Clear Data.
Method #7 – Install Available Update on your Messenger App
- Navigate to the AppStore for iPhone or the Google Play Store for Android
- Search for Facebook Messenger.
- Tap the update button if available.
Method #8 – Reinstall the Facebook Messenger App
If none of the solutions work, you can try to uninstall the Facebook Messenger app. Then, navigate to the AppStore or Google Play Store and reinstall the app.
Do you have other ideas on how to fix the Facebook Messenger story videos not showing up error on mobile devices? You can tell us in the comment section below.