Do you want Alexa to answer your phone for you? Amazon’s Alexa has done excellent service to thousands of its users all over the world. With the AI technology virtual assistant, users enjoy easy access to different smart devices both in their homes or offices. Alexa can follow commands and do simple tasks for you like turning off the lights or changing the thermostat of your AC.
Now, Alexa can do more for you! With your voice command, Alexa will answer the call for you or call anyone on your phone. This new feature is through the new partnership between Amazon and AT&T. Users in the United States will enjoy this kind of service from Alexa.
The feature has rolled out before in some parts of Europe through Vodafone OneNumber. Customers of the telephone company are linking their mobile phones to their Amazon Echo devices.
How to Link Amazon Alexa to your AT&T Phone Number
The process is easy. To link your AT&T phone number, you need to do it via your phone.
- Open the Alexa app.
- Tap More.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Tap Communication.
- Look for the Accounts category and tap the AT&T button.
- Sign in to your AT&T account.
- Follow the instructions on the screen on how to link your mobile phone account to your Echo device.
Turning Your Amazon Echo Device into a Phone
After you have linked your AT&T account to your Amazon Echo device, you can now start using Alexa. Some of the features you can enjoy are:
- Ask Alexa to call someone. Say, “Alexa, call _.” or dictate the digits.
- Alexa will announce an incoming call.
- Ask Alexa to answer the phone. Say, “Alexa, answer.”
- Create a routine and enable calls to your Echo device when you say the routine command, like “Alexa, I am home.”
- Turn on or off the Away Mode.
- Ask Alexa to hang up when you are done with the call.