The newest streaming service from HBO is quietly building up its subscriber-base with people wanting to get more varied entertainment options. HBO Max offers an extensive library of movies and TV shows including loads of children’s content.
In this article, you can learn how to manage, add, and switch profiles for adults and kids on HBO Max.
How to Add User Profiles on HBO Max
Adding a profile on HBO Max is similar both using a computer or your mobile phone.
- Open any browser and go to the HBO Max website.
- Login to your account.
- On the upper right corner, click the Profile icon.
- Select Switch Profiles
- You have two options to add a profile. You can click Add Adult or Add Kid. If you choose to Add a Kid’s profile, you will be asked to create a PIN that will be used to access the adult profile.
- Enter the profile name.
- For the kid’s profile, you will be asked the birthdate.
- Next, choose a profile image by clicking one of the colorful rings.
- Click Save. For the kid’s profile, click Next.
- Now, set the parental controls. Click the circles you want for the maximum ratings in TV and movies that your kids can watch. If you want to set the PIN to switch profiles, check the box.
- Click Save.
How to Switch Profiles on HBO Max
- On the main screen of your HBO Max, click your Profile icon.
- Select Switch Profiles.
- Now, choose the profile you want to change to.
How to Manage your User Profiles on HBO Max
HBO Max also allows its users to edit their profiles.
- Click the Profile icon and select Switch Profiles.
- At the bottom, click Manage Profiles. All the profiles in your account will be shown. You can delete a profile by clicking Delete. Only the profile of the main account holder cannot be deleted. If you want to change parental controls, click Edit Age and Parental Controls.
With your HBO Max, you can create up to 5 profiles, including your main account profile.
How is your experience with HBO Max? Share your story with us in the comments below.