A lot of entertaining videos are happening on TikTok. It is widely used by millions of people all over the world and there can be a video uploaded every second. With the popularity TikTok is gaining these days, who would not want to be a part of it?
Still, there are users who want to join the fun but are facing the “Not Eligible” error on TikTok. When they try to create an account, TikTok will block them with an error message that says, “You are not eligible to make an account on TikTok.”
Why Do You Get Not Eligible Issue on TikTok
If you have encountered such an error and got blocked from creating your TikTok account, there may be a reason for it to happen. Any one of these may be the culprit.
- You may be an underage. There is an age limit to whoever can join TikTok. It may not sound fair to the young ones who also want to create an account but this is for security reasons. Only users who are 13 years old and above are eligible. In some countries, the age limit is higher. Only 16 years old and above are eligible.
- There are issues on your account creation hence you are faced with the problem. You may be at the right age to create a TikTok account but you are still not eligible.
Fixing the “Not Eligible” Error on TikTok for Android
First, you have to be at the right age. If your current age is under the required age, you must wait for several years before you can join TikTok without restrictions.
Then, you need to clear your TikTok app cache on your Android phone.
- On your Android device, look for the TikTok app icon.
- Press and hold the app. You will see the App info option. Click to open it. In some cases, the App info is represented by a small letter i.
- Navigate to Storage.
- Look for Clear Storage and Clear Cache. Click both options.
- Restart your Android phone and try creating an account on TikTok.
Fixing the “Not Eligible” Error on TikTok for iOS
- To clear the cache in your iOS device, go to Settings.
- Select General. Go to Storage and iCloud usage.
- Look for Manager Storage. Click to open it.
- Click the TikTok app.
- Look for Documents and data. Check the option and delete them.
- Restart your iOS device.
Was the article helpful? Follow the steps above to help you solve the “Not Eligible” error when creating an account on TikTok. Let us know in the comments if it works for you.