Pokemon Go has become one of the most popular mobile games up to this day. The addicting game mechanism of Augmented Reality (AR) keeps players on the move.
Niantic recently added a new feature called Pokemon GO Adventure Sync to the game. It allows players to track their progress in the game whether they open the app or not.
What is Pokemon Go Adventure Sync?
The Adventure Sync is a feature that tracks the steps of each player and records them for rewards. Adventure Sync is an optional mode. Using GPS technology, you can continue with the game without opening the app.
Pokemon Go Adventure Sync will record weekly tracking reports, so you can earn rewards for weekly milestones. You can also enable a push notification to notify you if a Buddy has been found.
However, several users are recently reporting a problem with their Pokemon Go Adventure Sync not working. The app stopped tracking user progress. One of the main reasons for this to happen is that you may be using an outdated version of the Pokemon Go app thus triggering the error. You may also have location permissions or when your phone’s battery is under an energy-saver or optimizer.
Whatever is the reason for your Pokemon Go Adventure Sync to stop working, there are fixes you can do to solve the issue.
How to Fix Pokemon GO Adventure Sync not Working
Method #1 – Check if Your Adventure Sync is Activated
- Launch your Pokemon Go app.
- Click the Main Menu.
- Go to Settings.
- Click Adventure Sync.
- Make sure that the Adventure Sync option is checked.
Method #2 – Log Out and Log Back In
- Log out of your Pokemon Go app.
- Log out to the health app you are using with your Pokemon Go app.
- Now, sign back in to both apps and check if Adventure Sync is now working.
Method #3 – Update Your Pokemon Go to the Latest Version
- Open your Google Play and search for Pokemon Go.
- Click the app and check if there are available updates.
- Click Update and wait for the installation to finish.
- Now, check if your Adventure Sync is working again.
Method #4 – Edit Your Device’s Location Settings
Your device’s location may be using a low accuracy mode. You need to change it to high accuracy for the Adventure Sync to work.
- First, close the Pokemon Go app.
- Open the Quick setting of your device.
- Long press Location to open.
- Click Mode and select High Accuracy.
- Open your Pokemon Go app and check if the error is still there.
Which of the methods above helped you fix the Adventure Sync error on your Pokemon GO app? Tell us in the comments below.