Have you been stuck with connection issues when accessing the Internet using your PIA VPN account? There are times when your VPN app is not loading or not working when you connect to a specific VPN server. At times, you will receive no response from it.
Private Internet Access or PIA is one of the popular VPNs that you can see online. You can use it for a more secured browsing and streaming experience on your Windows 10/11 PC, Mac computer, Android or iOS mobile phones, and streaming devices like Fire TV or Firestick, and smart TVs. Many users guarantee its security and efficacy, but it is not as perfect as any other VPN tool. So, if you see your PIA VPN not working, not connecting, or not responding issue, there are ways to fix it.
Resolve Issues if Private Internet Access (PIA) VPN Server Won’t Work, Connect, Respond, or Load on your Device
There are different reasons why Private Internet Access VPN is won’t work, connect, respond, or load on your computer, mobile phone, or streaming device. But, you can always troubleshoot the problem and fix it with a few solutions like the ones we have listed below.
Solution #1 – Switch to a Different Server
Try to change your server to a new one and reconnect to the Internet. If you can’t connect still, you can switch to at least 2 other servers with different IP addresses and see if it works or not. If not, move on to the next solution below.
Solution #2 – Check your Internet Network Connection
It can be an issue with your home network connection and not with Private Internet Access VPN servers. First, disconnect your VPN connection and connect to your WiFi Internet network. If there is a problem with your WiFi network, you may want to improve the connection or perform a power cycle on your devices.
- Turn off your device and unplug both your router and modem.
- Wait for at least 1 minute before plugging them back in and connecting to the Internet.
- Now, try if you can browse on any website using your network connection.
- If yes, try reconnecting your PIA VPN.
Solution #3 – Turn Off IPv6 on Windows 10/11
- Navigate to the Network and Internet settings on your Control Panel.
- Go to Network Sharing Center.
- Select Change adapter settings.
- Look for your network adapter and right-click on it. Select Properties.
- Look for Internet Protocol Version 6 and uncheck the box to disable it.
- Click OK.
- Restart your device.
Solution #4 – Reinstall the Private Internet Access (PIA) VPN App
- Launch the Control Panel and go to Programs and Features.
- Look for Private Internet Access and select it.
- Click Uninstall.
- Click Yes to confirm.
- Now, go to the official PIA VPN app download page on your web browser.
- Then, download and install a fresh version the PIA VPN app on your device.
Solution #5 – Uninstall TAP Drivers on Windows 10/11
- Open the Control Panel setting.
- Go to Network and Internet.
- Select Network Sharing Center.
- Click Change adapter settings.
- Look for the TAP Adapters.
- Right-click on it and click uninstall.
Solution #6 – Change your DNS Setting
- Open the Network and Internet option in the Control Panel.
- Go to Network Connections.
- Select View network connections.
- Look for your WiFi adapter and right-click on it.
- Select Properties.
- Click Internet Protocol Version 4.
- Click Properties.
- Go to the General tab.
- Look for the preferred DNS server and change it to 8888.
- Look for the alternate DNS server and change it to 8844.
- Click OK.
That’s it! If you want to try another premium VPN service, check out any of these providers. Sign up for a free trial account to check if any of them is a good fit for your needs.
- Hotspot Shield
- Ivacy VPN
- Private Internet Access
Do you have other methods that will help fix the VPN issue with PIA? You can share them with our other users in the comment section below.