An advantage of using Smart TV instead of your regular TV is installing apps. There are hundreds of applications available that you can download to your TV. You can start watching through different streaming platforms or play games on a bigger screen.
However, some users reported that their downloaded apps are not showing or not working at all on a Vizio Smartcast TV. Read on to learn more.
How to Fix Vizio Smartcast TV Apps Not Showing or Not Working
This error may be due to different reasons, such as an outdated app or a poor network connection. But, if you are facing an error with your Vizio Smartcast smart TV apps disappearing or not working, there are several ways on how you can solve the issue.
Method #1 – Check Your Internet Connection
A problem may be with your network connection. See if you still have a good Internet connection or not.
- Using your Vizio remote, press the Menu button.
- Select Network and press OK.
- Select Test Connection or Network Test and press OK.
- It will show you the download speed of your smart TV.
If you cannot view the download speed, you can perform a speed test on another device to check your network connection.
Method #2 – Power Cycle Your Device
- Turn off your Vizio Smart TV.
- Unplug all your devices from the outlet, including your router and modem.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds before plugging your router and modem back in.
- Wait for your router and modem to connect to the Internet.
- Turn on your Smart TV and try again.
Method #3 – Update the App
You may have an outdated app, which causes it not to work. Updating it can help you fix the error.
- On your remote, press the Menu button.
- Go to the apps and click on the app you want to check.
- Now, press the Yellow button.
- Select Update.
Method #4 – Reinstall the App
If none of the methods above work, you will need to reinstall the app.
- First, uninstall the app. Press the Menu button.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select App Manager.
- Look for the app you want to reinstall and highlight it.
- Press the Yellow button.
- Select the Delete app.
- Go to the TV Store.
- Look for the app and install it.
Which of the methods above work for you? Let us know in the comments below.