Google Docs is a convenient way to create text documents or work presentations. It offers several formatting styles that will allow you to organize your content properly.
Check out the steps below on how to do it.
How to Make Multiple Columns in Google Docs
- Open your Google Docs document or create a new one.
- On the menu bar, click Format.
- Select Columns.
- Now, choose how many columns you want in your Google Docs.
- You may also edit your columns by clicking More options.
- You can set the number of columns you want, especially if you want more than three columns in your Google docs. You can also set the spacing in centimeters. If you want to have a line between the columns, check the option.
- Once done, click Apply.
How to Add Columns in Different Parts Of the Document
There are cases when you want to split a certain part of your document into two columns without changing the rest of the document.
- Go to the part in the document that you want to split into columns. Highlight the text.
- Go to the menu bar and select Format.
- Click Columns and choose the number of columns that you want for that part of the document.
Adding a Column Break in a Google Docs Document
The Column Break allows you to type in the next column.
- On the menu bar, click Insert.
- Scroll down and select Break.
- Click Column break. A new column will be placed in your document.
That’s it! Now, it is easier to format your document the way you see it fit. If you want to go back to the default format, you can just go back to Columns and select one column.
Was the article helpful? Let us know in the comments below if the method above worked for you.