Updating the firmware on your LG Smart TV can help improve its functionality and resolve known issues. Manufacturers like LG usually include software fixes from previous bugs and issues reported by their users.
If you are looking to update your LG Smart TV firmware, follow the steps below.
Updating the Software on your LG Smart TV Automatically
The best way to update the software on your LG Smart TV is to utilize the automatic update feature on your device.
- Using your remote control, press the home button. This will open the launcher bar.
- On the upper right corner, click the Settings icon.
- Now, go to the All Settings option.
- From the left, select General.
- Scroll to the bottom and select the About this TV.
- Look for Allow automatic updates and make sure it is checked to initiate an automatic download of updates.
- Click the Check for updates button. It will scan for available updates. Download and install the updates if there is one.
How to Update the Software on LG Smart TV Manually
To manually update your LG Smart TV firmware, you will have to have a USB flash drive to store the update file. You also need to have your smart TV’s model number on hand.
- Open any browser and go to https://www.lg.com/us/support.
- Type your model number and click the search icon.
- Look for your model number and click to open.
- Look for the latest firmware file. If you have not yet installed the update, download it.
- Go to the download folder and look for the firmware file.
- Extract the file by right-clicking on the name and select Extract All.
- Click Extract to confirm the process.
- Now, plug in your USB flash drive to your computer. Create a new folder on your USB flash drive. Rename it LG_DTV.
- Copy the unzipped file and paste it to the LG_DTV folder. Check if the file extension is EPK.
- Turn your Smart TV on and plug in your USB flash drive.
- Follow the process shown on your TV to install the firmware.
How did you update the software on your LG Smart TV? Did you have to do the manual method or got it to update automatically? Let us know in the comments below.