We are used to all the buttons and bars taking up the space around our screen when browsing the Internet. While it may not seem like a big deal, sometimes it is better not to have them around.
Microsoft Edge offers a feature that will give you a clean and clutter-free browsing experience. Now, you can auto-hide the address bar in Microsoft Edge when you are in fullscreen mode to maximize your screen real estate. The main advantage of enabling this feature is to allow you to browse the Internet devoid of any distraction.
The auto-hide feature is available in all Microsoft Edge version including Stable, Beta, and Canary.
How to Auto-Hide the Address Bar in Microsoft Edge?
- Open Microsoft Edge Browser.
- On the address bar, type edge://flags/#edge-enable-shy-ui
- Look for Enable Fullscreen Dropdown and select Enable.
- Then, restart your browser.
- Activate the fullscreen mode by pressing F11.
- You will no longer see the address bar. If you want to see the address bar during fullscreen mode, simply drag the cursor arrow to the top of the screen.
If you are using Microsoft Edge, this feature is helpful and will maximize your browsing experience. But, if it does not work for you, simply disable it using the same method above.
What do you think of this feature? Do you want to enable the auto-hide in Microsoft Edge? We would love to know what you think. Tell us in the comments below.