Streaming on Netflix gives you hundreds to thousands of movies and TV series episodes to choose from. You can binge-watch your favorite original shows or rerun classic movies several times in a row. Many users enjoy watching shows on Netflix. But, with the streaming service increasing its monthly subscription cost, and the competition getting stiffer with the launch of new platforms, some users consider canceling Netflix.
There are different reasons why you might want to cancel Netflix. It can be due to the price hike or probably you found another home and you’re transferring to another streaming service like Amazon Prime Video, HBO Max, Hulu, Disney Plus, Peacock, Discovery Plus, or Paramount Plus. Whatever is your reason, you can cancel your Netflix membership plan at any time.
How to Stop and Cancel your Netflix Subscription Account
If you have decided to end your membership subscription on Netflix, the steps to do so are easy. No matter which device you used to sign up and stream Netflix, you can always just go to the Netflix website and cancel your account from there. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to https://netflix.com/youraccount.
- Sign in to your current Netflix account with your email and password.
- Click on your Profile.
- Select Account.
- Navigate to the Membership & Billing section.
- Select the Cancel Membership button.
- You will see a confirmation message on the resulting page.
- Click the Finish Cancellation button to finalize your account closure.
On the confirmation page, you will also find an option to downgrade your account plan instead. It is also important to note, that you can only cancel your Netflix subscription through the website accessed on a browser either on mobile or computer. Users cannot manage their subscription on the Netflix app.
How to Cancel DVD Plan
In case you also have the Netflix DVD Plan, you can cancel it as well from the Netflix website on any browser using your desktop computer or mobile phone.
- Navigate to your Account.
- Go to Plan Details.
- Click the Cancel DVD Plan option.
- You will receive a confirmation message.
- First, check the box beside Proceed to Cancellation.
- Click Continue.
How to Manage and Change Netflix Streaming Subscription Plan
However, if you simply want to change your current Netflix subscription plan, instead of totally closing it down, you can do so using your browser. Netflix has several subscription plans for you to choose from, depending on the number of devices you want to use and if you want the HD or Ultra HD 4K feature. If you want to upgrade or downgrade your Netflix plan, you can change it by following this guide.
- As above, go to the Netflix website and sign in with your account details.
- Go to the account section.
- Navigate to Plan Details.
- Click Change Plan.
- A list of Netflix subscription plans will appear on the screen.
- Choose the plan that you want.
- Click Continue.
- You will see a confirmation message.
- Click Confirm Change.
Do you just want to change your Netflix subscription plan or cancel Netflix completely? What are your reasons? You can write your answers in the comments section down below.