Mystery and investigation can make your brain run faster. With all the clues needed to decipher and find out who the culprit is, you need to make careful use of deduction and analysis. Among Us can get you to these types of PC gaming experiences, as you need to solve a mystery and investigate for you to win the game. But, if you get stuck on the loading screen or encounter a black screen error, you won’t likely enjoy the exhilaration.
Many players cannot get through the Among Us game’s startup screen on their Windows 10 PC as they are barraged by a series of infinite black screen loops upon launching the game. The popular online game is simply not opening or the app is not working. If you experience the same gaming issue when using the Steam app to launch Among Us on your Windows computer, you can try following some of the solutions we have provided below.
How to Troubleshoot & Fix Among Us Black Screen Error or Stuck on Infinite Loading Screen Loop Problem on Windows 10 PC
Note that there are various reasons why your Among Us game gets stuck on the infinite loading screen issue. But, there is always something you can do to resolve the black screen problem and let you get back to your Steam gaming in no time. Check out the methods below and try it one at a time on your Windows 10 computer.
NEED A NEW GAMING PC? Check out these amazing deals on Amazon right now!
Method #1 – Relaunch the Among Us Game
If you continue to load the game into a black screen or cannot get past the loading screen, exit the app. Wait for a few minutes then relaunch it and check if the issue is gone. If not, you might need to do more troubleshooting techniques to fix the error.
Method #2 – Temporarily Disable Windows Firewall
Your Microsoft Defender Firewall or third-party antivirus may be blocking your Among Us game from reaching and connecting to its server. You can try to turn them off first and relaunch the game and see if it works.
- Click the Start button and navigate to Settings.
- Select Update & Security.
- Click Windows Security.
- Go to Firewall & network protection.
- Choose your network.
- Look for Microsoft Defender Firewall and turn it off.
Method #3 – Verify Integrity of Game Files on the Steam App
- Open Steam on your computer.
- Navigate to the Library Tab.
- Look for Among Us and right-click on it.
- Select Properties.
- Go to the Local Files tab.
- Click the Verify Integrity of Game Files button.
- After fixing the issue, relaunch Steam.
Method #4 – Switch to Windowed Mode
- On your computer keyboard, press the Alt and Enter keys.
- Once the game is working, press both keys to switch back to Fullscreen Mode.
- Check if it loads the game properly.
Method #5 – Run Among Us as Administrator
- Navigate to Among Us.exe file. You can check the desktop shortcut or any folder on your PC.
- Right-click on the EXE file.
- Click Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility option.
- Navigate to the Settings section.
- Look for the Run this program as an administrator box and check it.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
- Relaunch the game.
If none of the solutions above worked for you, you can try to uninstall and reinstall the Among Us game app. Some users fixed the issue by doing it.
What else did you do to fix the Among Us infinite loading error? You can let us know by writing your comments down below.