We rely on Google Play Store to update our existing apps and download new ones. This Google service is crucial when you want to improve the user experience on your Android device.
In accessing the Google Play Store, you will need to sign in using your Google account. However, some users reported that they encounter an issue when they try to open the Google Play Store app on their phones. They see the error message, “Authentication is required. You need to sign in to your Google Account.”
Why Does Google Play Say Authentication Required?
One of the common causes of the “Authentication Required” problem on Google Play Store is the cache issue. There may be outdated date in your cache files that is triggering the error to pop up. It may be an update error on your Google Play Store as well.
How to Fix Google Play Authentication is Required Error on Android
Solution #1 – Clear the Cache
- Access the Settings of your device.
- Go to Apps.
- Look for the Google Play Store.
- Tap the Force Stop button.
- Now, tap the Clear Cache button.
- If it does not work, follow the steps again but this time, tap the Clear Data button.
Solution #2 – Manually Sync Your Google Account Again
- Navigate to Settings.
- Go to Accounts or Users & accounts.
- Select the account that you want to sync. At this point, choose the account you used to sign-in to your Google Play Store.
- Select Account sync.
- Tap More.
- Tap Sync Now.
Solution #3 – Uninstall Google Play Updates
- Open the Settings menu.
- Go to Apps or Applications.
- Tap Apps.
- On the upper right corner, tap the three-dotted icon.
- Tap Show System Processes.
- Now, look for Google Play Store and tap to open.
- Tap the three-dotted icon again.
- Select Uninstall Updates.
Solution #4 – Force Stop the Google Services Framework
- Go to Settings.
- Select Apps.
- Tap the three-dotted icon on the upper right corner.
- Tap Show System Apps (or Processes).
- Look for Google Services Framework.
- Tap Force Stop.
- Next, tap the Clear Cache and Clear Data buttons.
Which of the methods above help you fix the Google Play error? Let us know in the comments below.