If you want to download and install more apps and games into your Windows 10 or 11 PC, you can head over to Microsoft Store. You are only a few clicks away from games and applications that you want to use for productivity or entertainment on your computer.
Unfortunately, many users reported that they encounter the error code 0xC002001B when they try to download an app through the official app store on Windows computers. The error code 0xC002001B also appears when updating an app from Microsoft Store.
The error message says,
“Something unexpected happened. Reporting this problem will help us understand it better. You can wait a bit and try again or restart your device. That may help. Code: 0xC002001B”
How to Troubleshoot & Fix Microsoft Store Error Code 0xC002001B on Windows 10/11 Computer
You can fix the error code 0xC002001B if Microsoft Store is not working on your Windows 10 or 11 PC by following the troubleshooting methods below. Try to follow each step one at a time and check if the error still appears or not.
Method #1 – Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
- Open the Settings menu of your Windows PC.
- Navigate to System.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Click Other troubleshooters.
- Scroll down and look for Windows Store Apps.
- Click the Run button.
- If there is a fix available, click Apply this fix.
Method #2 – Update your Microsoft Store App
- Launch the Microsoft Store app.
- Navigate to Library. You can also go to Downloads and Updates.
- Select Get Updates.
- Check if there is an available update for Microsoft Store and install it.
Method #3 – Stop and Restart the Microsoft Store Install Service
- Click the Start button.
- On the Search option, enter services.
- Click Services from the search results.
- Look for Microsoft Store Install Service and double-click to open it.
- Navigate to the General tab.
- Go to the Service status section.
- Click the Stop button.
- Now, click the Start button.
Method #4 – Perform a Repair and Reset on your Microsoft Store
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Select Apps.
- Click Apps & Features.
- Look for Microsoft Store.
- Click the three-dotted icon next to it.
- Select Advanced options.
- Navigate to the Reset section.
- Click Repair.
- If there are fixes available, apply them on your Windows PC.
- Check if the error still exists.
- If the issue remains, navigate to the Reset section of your Microsoft Store.
- Now, click the Reset button.
Method #5 – Run an SFC and DISM Scan
- Click the Start button.
- On the Search option, enter cmd.
- Right-click Command Prompt from the search results.
- Select Run as administrator.
- If asked, select Yes.
- Enter the following: sfc /scannow.
- After scanning, enter the following: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth.
- Then, enter the following: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth.
- Lastly, enter the following: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth.
- Reboot your computer.
Method #6 – Update your Windows PC
- Launch the Settings menu of your Windows PC.
- Select Windows Update.
- Click Check for updates.
- If there are available updates, download and install them.
Which of the solutions above worked for you? We love to know your answers, so please write them in the comment section below.