Since its introduction to the world of computing, Apple is known for its Hello screensavers. Many users feel welcome and enjoy its different look. It is also available in different languages. Now, with the new generation of Apple iMac being shipped, there will be a new Hello screen saver joining the family!
What’s New with Apple iMac 2021 Model
The new Apple iMac 2021 version comes with a 24-inch display, which is larger compared to the previous 21.5-inch Intel-based iMac. It is thinner with 2 meters cable, Magic Keyboard with Touch ID that both matches the color of the iMac. You will see that the power connector is magnetically attached.
The iMac 2021 includes the Apple M1 system-on-chip. Users will enjoy faster CPU up to 85% and twice as fast in GPU performance for selected apps. It has a 4.5K retina display with a 1080p FaceTime HD camera, and P3 wide color gamut. You can choose from seven colors to enjoy a personalized look on your new iMac.
How to Download & Install 2021 Apple iMac’s Hello Screen Saver on an Old Mac
If you don’t like to invest on a brand-new iMac computer, you can also download, install, and enable the latest iMac Hello screensaver and change the one in your old Mac device. However, it is only available for use on Mac computers running on macOS 11.3 operating system or later. If you have a compatible device, you can update your OS before getting the new screen saver. Here’s how to get and add it to your Mac:
- On your Mac, navigate to Finder.
- On the menu bar, select Go.
- Click Go to Folder.
- Enter the following: /System/Library/Screen Savers.
- Click Go.
- Look for the Hello.saver file.
- Save it on your computer.
- Now, go to the file folder.
- Right-Click on it.
- Select Rename.
- Enter Hellocopy.saver.
- Install the screensaver. To do this, double-click the file.
- Now, navigate to System Preferences.
- Select Desktop & Screen Saver.
- Go to the Screen Saver tab.
- Select Hello screensaver.
- From there, you can select your screensaver or customize it.
What do you like most about the new Hello screensaver from Apple? We would love to hear what you think, so please drop us a comment down below.